March KM - George Benson CD

by Angharad 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Neo
    Neo

Leolaia,

I love the very vague and non-specific way the Society (...) refers to the music. So typical.

Me too. This inerent vagueness is their specialty.

There are a couple of things in the KM announcement that reveals a lot:

A number of pulishers have telephoned the branch office
    regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a
    popular style that are presently being circulated among
    Jehovah's Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have
    the organization's approval.
    We are aware of these
    recording and would like to inform you that they do not
    have our approval
    . Please do not circulate or download
    these recordings from the Internet. We trust this
    information will clarify matters.

It proves three things:

1) That the R&F feels that, like a little child, they need to have the WT's approval for what they do in such situations and that they actually do seek the Society's guidance by getting in touch with Bethel .

2) That the WT feels very comfortable in that situation (they say 'the recordings don't have our approval') and that the Society replies to the publishers' inquiries knowing full well that it is performing the role of a paternalistic leader, someone who they need to turn to in small matters.

3) That the WT uses the word "organization" as an euphemism for "the organization's leaders." The collective "organization" (i.e, the rank-and-file) doesn't "approve" or "disapprove" anything, they simply comply with whatever the GB ("the organization") decides.

Neo

• Neo
    Neo

Another thread that discussed "Benson's Kingdom Melodies" a little: March KM also gives instructions to POs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Breakdown:

A number of pulishers have telephoned the branch office
    regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a
    popular style that are presently being circulated among
    Jehovah's Witnesses.

That could mean that only 2 telephoned the branch (ie..2 brothers from the service department). Popular style = sounds pretty good.

They have wondered if these recordings have the organizations approval.

Whimpy ones that need to have someone else do thier thinking for them. These people could even be in the 50's or 60's but because they can't think for themselve on even the tiniest in consequential matters they are on the phone to the Organization.

We are aware of these recording and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters

We don't like them because they sound way better than our cheesy shit recording and make our recordings look pathetic. They hope this clearify matters for all those too brain dead that they have to call the branch to get someone to do thier thinking for them.

• undercover
    undercover
    That the R&F feels that, like a little child, they need to have the WT's approval for what they do in such situations and that they actually do seek the Society's guidance by getting in touch with Bethel .

It's these types that screw it up for everybody. Why is this so important that people feel the need to call the branch to ask them this? Who cares that somebody recorded the KM songs anyway?

But since these mindless sheep sought out "mother's" approval for this, mother gets to take advantage of the situation and make a new rule for all her lil chil'ren. Now people who never gave it a moment's thought about whether this music was "approved" or not will have to make "adjustments" to meet the new standard. Those that don't will face be ostracized by their peers for not falling in line with the rest of borg.

Yea, it's just a little thing but it shows how the organization works to control its members. If they can make it work on something so insignificant as this, imagine what they can do with important issues, like, say, blood transfusions.

• kellex
    kellex

The Devil Inside by Billy Idol

Wasn't this an INXS tune?

I liked that song... but probably wouldn't have played it at a JW "get together" (I mean party). Haha! Funny how they don't listen to the full context of the entire song (ALL of the lyrics).

Ah yes that bad 80's hair band... Def Zepplin... they were definitely filled with demonic influences. (I loved them).

Music has always been a thing for me... it was my escape from my "upbrining". I have been fortunate to be able replenish my old collection of favorites again. When it became public that Prince was now a JW... I called up my (current JW) Dad and asked him if he would give me back my 1984 album. He didn't find it very funny at all. I on the other hand was laughing hysterically. LOLOLOL!!

J~

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Neo covered my initial comments about this crap. How DARE they say (in print even!) that THEY don't approve of this so it's a no-go! Their arrogance and audacity keeps topping itself doesn't it!

Maybe bro Benson isn't a bro any longer so that they don't want JWs to play his music. I can't think of a logical reason other than that, why they would be making such a big deal out of this!

I threw out hundreds of dollars worth of albums when all that "Music that debases" crap hit the fan and I am SO sorry to this day! Mine were ones like Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn (cuz they sang songs about infidelity) and Alabama, Lionel Ritchie, all MJ, along with the "Thriller" album, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, and so many others. I could just screech!

Anyway.......speaking of horrible Kingdom music, does anyone remember those AWFUL songs that tried to sound Hawaiian? They made me cringe!

Back to the topic-----what other area of JWs lives will they be allowed to monitor, dictate, or disapprove of? I can hardly wait to se.

Annie

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't know if this link has already been posted but it has some more info on G. Benson's new recording and should be available when he finishes it:

http://www.latindimples.com/kingdomsongs/

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always wanted to see Dr. Gene Scott play Kingdom Melodies on his show - that would have been funny!

• VM44
    VM44

I want to download the songs also! Particularly so as the KM said not to! --VM44

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The March KM in my opinion reflects a tired worn out Governing Body trying to manipulate the Jws,, but unable to do so anymore with the advent of the internet. They carefully worded the article so as to reflect that a JW should look to them for direction even in these little teany-weany things,,they are failing and it scares them. Horray for the INTERNET!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be funny that something as little as this could snow ball to gigantic proportions,,as the JWs finally say to themselves,,,"that's enough of of your controlling bull shit"! Like a worn out whore pretty soon the GB will loose all attractiveness (physically and spiritually) and be heard only with annoyance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit