March KM - George Benson CD

by Angharad 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Angharad
    Angharad

Not sure if this has been posted. There have been a few threads about the George Benson singing kingdom melodies CD that is doing the rounds in dubdom. Seems the WT doesnt like it

This is from the March Kingdom Ministry. Baaaad internet.

• bem
    bem

So that anouncement will have jws sailing CD's into the trash. supposing they ran ahead of the charriot and downloaded before they waited on the proper permission.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    So that anouncement will have jws sailing CD's into the trash. supposing they ran ahead of the charriot and downloaded before they waited on the proper permission.

Flashbacks to the 70's when at one DA following the discourse " Music that Debases" (can't believe I remembered the tittle), we were all bragging about who destroyed the most records from their collections. Man that still pisses me off.

• FMZ
    FMZ

So... just because these songs are sung in a "popular style" all of a sudden they are bad news? After all, I am assuming the lyrics remain the same.

If they weren't full of crap, it might occur to them that no matter how the song is sung, as least people are hearing the message. A crappy message, but their message all the same.

FMZ

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Have a look at this statement and consider it in isolation and its significance:

"Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet."

By this statement they are revealing themselves as controllers par excellence. Just think of it, an organisation that instructs the "free' ,members of itsassociation that it must not download an item from the internet!! Incredible.

Yet how many of us accepted it in former times? How many lurkers still accept it without question? Yet what does it reveal? Surely nothing about "the Truth shall set you free".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL
    That's a classic!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

yet they're deadly serious! Just think, they'll even schedule a SM part to discuss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Direction from on high ....

I have to ask my mom about it. I know she'll say "the society encourages us not to." But why? Did they tell you why?

That's the funniest thing about this directive ... no reason whatsoever. Just don't. It's like when I was a kid ... my mothers reasoning for everything was "Because I said so, that's why!"

That logic works when you're 4 feet tall.

taylorS

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Flashbacks to the 70's when at one DA following the discourse " Music that Debases" (can't believe I remembered the tittle), we were all bragging about who destroyed the most records from their collections. Man that still pisses me off.

XJ, I remember that talk well, too........lol...........a Bethelite friend told me that some Bethelites just changed the jackets on their albums, etc and kept the "debased" music.........lol........more than one way to slip thru the GB directive, eh? Terri (waving hello to Sid and Sarah Jurgens, if they are still at Bethel)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Yet how many of us accepted it in former times? How many lurkers still accept it without question? Yet what does it reveal? Surely nothing about "the Truth shall set you free".

I was thinking the same thing, Ozman. Sad, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit