March KM - George Benson CD

by Angharad 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The WTS did run similar talks at DA's about music and i remember my mother frantically listening for debased lyrics...get this though...she actually threw Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers Island in the stream in the bin because it mentioned...wait for it???? 'making love to each other'.

Now how unbalanced is that.!!!

On another seperate issue I had to relent and let her also do the same to my music collection...(i was eleven) I lost some perfectly acceptable Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin and Grateful Dead....nightmare....little did she know that i replaced all that had gone and more...

• undercover
    undercover

So will the WTS team up with Lars Ulrich of Metallica in fighting illegal downloading of music?

All they had to say was "this recording is not sanctioned or approved by the WTS" and that would have sufficed. But the "do not download" was going too far. Even though I have no desire to own Kingdom Melodies in any form or fashion, I'm tempted to go download it just to keep it alive on the Internet.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, as I understand it, the organization provides life's water free to anyone who is interested, unless the royalties are bypassed.

As for the debasing music fiasco, let's see, I destroyed Soft Cell, Quiet Riot, Gary Neuman, and I can't remember what else.

• Golf
    Golf

This info from the KM is great. It reveals how controlling the org. is! If anyone wants a talking point, well, here it is. This is a great door opener for those who 'want' to think and ask innocent questions.

Golf

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder if Brother Benson is comforted to have the kind boot of his master on his neck.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So will the WTS team up with Lars Ulrich of Metallica in fighting illegal downloading of music?

Or maybe the RIAA?

The new holy Trinity.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The new holy Trinity

That's giving God a bad name, Chris!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Kingdom Melodies by The Smurfs!

Now that would be good.

Englishman.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

In the mid to late 1980's we had a party get-together at my home for some of the two-faced sweet teenagers of the KH.

I set my stereo equipment up on the patio and had a young brother do the djing. Of course we didn't want any debased music played so me, my wife, and daughter went over what we thought appropriate to play. But I still got in trouble. It seems that one trouble making teen sister ( she was always causing trouble for someone ) reported to the PO that some of the music was demon inspired. Are you ready for this? ......."The Devil Inside by Billy Idol"

That's right! I was about ten feet away from her when the song played. She started screaming when Idol got to the lyrics about "everyone of us got the devil inside". She kept saying "THAT'S DEMONIZED.....THAT'S DEMONIZED.....TAKE IT OFF". What a jerk! The next day I got the phone call and wasn't asked about anything first. I was outright told that I was in trouble for the music I allowed to be played. He also said that his own two trouble making daughters didn't like the fact that we were playing "Def Zeppelen" songs. What a**holes! None of them knew the difference between Def Leopard or Led Zeppelen. We played Def Leopard. I knew enought not to play any Led Zep demon inspired music that I loved. Now....can you tell me what is wrong with Def Leopard?

Before he could say too much more, I let it go with both barrells and told him off and said his daughters should confront me with what they thought was wrong with the music. Never heard a word again! The JW hysteria about music at that time was idiotic (then again it always is). It was automatically assumed that a group with an odd spelled or cryptic type name was nothing but Satan worshipers.

That incident was just another thorn in my flesh about the congregation and the society as a whole that festerd for over another decade until I said to hell with it all.

HappyDad

• cab1000
    cab1000

Anyone know where I can find a copy of this? I want to download it and share it! Because I can.

~cab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit