March KM - George Benson CD

by Angharad 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"They say the neon lights are bright, on Broadway old farts are so mean, at Bethel"

• Thinking
    Thinking

This makes me think of a brother I know from Australia that told me he sings the Kingdom Melodies in all sorts of different accents. It was hilarious to sing them at meetings and think of the different accents he was trying out. so I was sometimes smiling or even a bit of a laugh when singing.

BUT.........really if they can change the Awake to make it better and if the light gets brighter.......music for sure changes and would like to see some new songs introduced.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Getting as off topic as possible, what the hell happened to George Benson?

He was once an incredibly creative Jazz guitarist and somehow got seduced into the chewing gum disco music of the late 70's and has never emerged from the money-machine since. So many other have repented and have rediscoverd the road, but not Benson. Just compare 'Breezin' ( 1976 ) with 'The Shape Of Things To Come' ( 1969 ) and you will see the descent of real talent into unreal pulp guitar soup.

HS

• catchthis
    catchthis

My wife got two of these CD's a couple of months ago from a bro in the hall. I will rip em' and zip em' tonight and make sure everyone gets their life's water free...

I noticed on one of the discs that it was labeled as "Music by our Austrian and Patterson brothers and sisters." I don't remember how the other disc was labeled.

Check this thread later tonight.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I dunno.....maybe this is a reverse psychology ploy and they're just trying to trick all us rebel apostates back into listening to the Kingdom Melodies.

Can you feel the tug-o-war even as we speak? Satan trying to get us to sing Christmas songs, Jehovah trying to get us to sing From House to House.

Where can I run to? Where can I hide? What can I listen to? Is no music safe anymore??? Quick, jump in an elevator...aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    By this statement they are revealing themselves as controllers par excellence. Just think of it, an organisation that instructs the "free' ,members of itsassociation that it must not download an item from the internet!! Incredible.

On point, Oz.

What gall! I find this beyond belief! But we used to all accept without question this sort of thing. Like don't stay at a certain hotel during the convention, same type of thing.

But - what harm to they think could come from downloading music that they invented and use all the time?

Jeff

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

My wife got two of these CD's a couple of months ago from a bro in the hall. I will rip em' and zip em' tonight and make sure everyone gets their life's water free...

I noticed on one of the discs that it was labeled as "Music by our Austrian and Patterson brothers and sisters." I don't remember how the other disc was labeled.

Check this thread later tonight. Great!

• catchthis
    catchthis

OK folks, I've got two separate zip files containing two different CD's. One of them is the infamous Benson CD and the other is a mix of songs by supposed Austrian and Patterson brothers and sisters. Both sets are ripped at 192kbps. The Benson CD comes in around 63.4MB and the other weighs in at 104MB.

Anyone care to host?

• Neo
    Neo

bttt

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is one of those things that would have sent me home thinking: "Is it really necessary for the Governing Body to have this much control over us? This is one more thing that just doesn't sound right to me." Then I file it in my head under: Watchtower directives that just don't make sense.

You know, everyone, I don't care who they are, has one of these files going in their brain somewhere. Then it becomes like the elephant in the livingroom that everyone knows is there. They can see it, smell it and hear it, but no one says anything about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit