Things I love about Texas

by IP_SEC 99 Replies latest jw friends

• shark attack
    shark attack

IT'S 4800 MILES AWAY.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    IT'S 4800 MILES AWAY.

in the words of Lyle Lovett... "you're not from Texas, but, Texas wants you anyway"

• shark attack
    shark attack

ARE THEY ALL AS SWEET AS YOU ARROWSTAR?

• Brigid
    Brigid

Parker County peaches, watermelon and boiled peanuts at First Monday.

Catfish fries

Innertubing down the Brazos River.

y'all are making me miss my home state.....

oh wait, just got a glimpse of the Rockies---sigh, better.

Seriously, I ache for Texas sometimes. Whenever I meet a fellow Texan exile here, we just cling to each other (Coloradans HATE Texans almost as much as they hate Californians--I even have to try to hide my accent (I know, I know...poor me). When I talk to my dad, and my accent starts coming out, my hubby's like--WTF?)

~Brigid, the exiled

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    ARE THEY ALL AS SWEET AS YOU ARROWSTAR?

of course...

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    ~Brigid, the exiled

Dear girl, come to the fest we're having here in Dallas on May 6th. The crawfish boil? Hon, you need to be near your people. You c'mon down here and have a hell'raisin' time. This fest is gonna be one for the history books, I'm here to tell ya.

Lisa of the bringin' back home for a visit class

• Brigid
    Brigid

Ya know, Arrowstar? I just might! I almost had a 3 hour layover in Dallas when I booked tickets for a March trip to New York. I got as giddy as a little school girl, then it got changed to Philly. Something always thwarts my efforts to return to my homestate. My dad's been trying to get me to move back since 1999. Had my boxes all packed up, a realtor in Texas, a place to stay, then bam! Something happened.

May 6th, huh? Crawfish, huh? How about watermelon? We have to have watermelon. I could use some real peaches. Yankees cannot grow decent peaches--they don't have the sweetness of Georgia or Parker county.

Hmmmm....gonna check out cheaptickets.com later.....

hmmmm

~Brigid

• anewme
    anewme

Gee! Are you all realtors or something?????

I have been looking at realtor.com and been very impressed with the opportunities out in Texas for real estate deals!

Your enthusiasm leads me to believe this is a great state to live in!

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hey guys.. been away a while, still pop my head in from time to time. (oo err)

Just wanted to throw in that I love TX for many reasons. The people, the atmosphere, Lake Joe Pool... And yes... SHINER! These are all reasons that may, very soon, cause me to move down there... just need to get approval from my boss's boss to get the transfer...

Love you guys!

FMZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Your enthusiasm leads me to believe this is a great state to live in!

No income tax!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit