Things I love about Texas

by IP_SEC 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

How could all you guys miss the important things. It's got to be great. It's the home of George W Bush

• Thinking
    Thinking

They have great drag boat races at Marble Falls

• beebee
    beebee

IP Sec -

There is a building/skyscraper you can see from 35 that that looks f@*!# awsome. I was mesmerized by it, driving through to convention last summer.

What is that building? You know which one? It is so unique looking.

It's the Frost Bank Building and you can google it and get some awesome pics.

More stuff I like:

The fact that Leslie, our itinerent, homeless, cross dresser can run for mayor in every election and actually gets a bunch of votes!

This is leslie!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot who asked what part of CA I am from. The answer: I started in Redwood City, went to high school in San Jose, went to college at UC Davis and Sacramento State, and have lived all over the pennisula and Santa Clara County. I also owned a home near Sacramento at one point. I moved here from Los Gatos. I still have family, including my oldest daughter in that area, and my best friend whose the psuedo dub (meaning she feels free to judge my man as an apostate but doesn't come remotely close to living by the rules herself).

Are you moving to the Austin area? If so, PM me and I'll help you sort out which of the gorgeous neighborhoods you might like (most of Austin is pretty and safe but some parts have better schools, views or different personalities).

• beebee
    beebee

I"m not laying claim to Bush....wasn't here when he was the chief asshole governor, and didn't vote for him either time. How I so wish our presidential election wasn't always a "lesser of two fools" - 2 republicrat, election. But I did join a few thousand people last summer with my oldest, tyydyy and bubbles to watch Farhenheit 9/11 for free in a field in Crawford, TX. See the city folks there tried to block the showing of the film so the Alamo Drafthouse took its portable movie screen up there and we got to walk through field of protestors and reporters...damn near like being in Berkeley in the 60's and 70's (yep..I got to hang out there in the 70's - yeah man).

Oh yeah..another cool thing about TX, the Alamo Drafthouse where you can sit in a comfy seat with a table in front of you, order decent tasting food and a beer and watch either mainstream movies free of little kiddie screaming (no kids under 6 allowed and none under 18 without a parent) or go to the downtown location and watch really weird stuff and fun strangeness. 1 example - Spaghetti Western Night where you get a good classic Western (last time we saw "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly") with all you can eat spaghetti, salad and foccacia (yes it was good) for like $7. Then there's $1 Mondays, where you get a movie (not new release) for a buck and sodas and popcorn are a buck a piece.

Can you tell I'm way happier here than in CA????

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I started in Redwood City, went to high school in San Jose, went to college at UC Davis and Sacramento State, and have lived all over the pennisula and Santa Clara County. I also owned a home near Sacramento at one point. I moved here from Los Gatos.

I went to high school in San Jose...lived on the edge of Los Gatos, off Blossom Hill rd, when I was a young dub-in-training in the 80's. I live in Sunnyvale now.

I'm just starting to plan a move to Marble Falls..

PM is on its way!

-Lisabobeesa

• blondie
    blondie

Palo Duro Canyon

Big Bend National Park

San Antonio

San Padre Island

New Braunsfels

and of course everyone from Texas on JWD

Love, Blondie

• prophecor
    prophecor

Stevie Ray Vaughn

• blondie
    blondie

We ate lunch at a diner in Marble Falls.

• beebee
    beebee

Blondie,

Probably the Blue Bonnet Cafe. It's well-known for killer pies. They are also so trusting that they let us walk out after dinner to go up the street to get cash from the ATM because we forgot to bring enough.

• blondie
    blondie

That's the place, beebee.

We had a good time in Hill Country that day. First time I had ever been to Texas. Great state!

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit