by IP_SEC 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Thinking
    Thinking

The Hill Country.
    Guadalupe River.

• Valis
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Well, I'm an Arkie, but I used to live in Amarillo so I'm going to join in...

Things I love about Texas:
    Palo Duro Canyon: The Musical TEXAS at the Pioneer Ampitheatre at the base of the canyon is AWESOME. Especially the beginning with the lone horseman riding along the rim of the canyon with the giant Texas flag flowing behind him with the music up loud... breath taking, even for an Arkie. I'm sure if I were a native Texan I would have cried.

Route 66: You can still get your kicks there!

Buddy Holly International Airport in Lubbock: I love irony and it's kind of ironic to name the city's airport after someone who died in a plane crash. (I honestly mean no disrespect.)

Uncle Julio's: The BEST fajitas I've ever had.

Whataburger: Best place to get a burger at 3:00am.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Whataburger: Best place to get a burger at 3:00am.

No! Jack off In the crack Box!

laters

kaykay_mp

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

beebee,

I'm in northern CA, beginning to make plans to move to Texas in about a year........hill country... What part of CA did you move from? Where did you move to in Texas?

-Lisa

Things I love about Texas:

My mom, her sweet hubbie, and my brother!

Austin......what a great place!

Lyle Lovett

• Maxine Mouse
    Maxine Mouse

San Antonio Riverwalk

Most of the rivers in New Braunfels

Lake LBJ

Corpus Christie

All the hokie but fun stuff to do in San Marcos

Whataburger and REAL mexican restaraunts

the restaraunt in the Tower of Americas

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Okay... I'll add to this...

San Antonio - the elevator in the Tower Life building. It moves FAST!

The view from the top of the Tower of Americas - which is over 500 feet up (is that my house I see waaaay over there?)

Blanco - The Bowling Alley Cafe - a great place to eat breakfast, and listen to the locals

Bandera - the Super S store is a hoot to shop in

Medina Lake - my small lot - and the area around it is awesome - the lake is pleasant to look at

Hwy 281 North - from San Antonio to Marble Falls - a great drive in the springtime (or anytime)

Hwy 1431 - from Marble Falls to Austin - another windy-twisty road that is awesome to drive... but not too fast, or you'll go off the road.

Park Road 4 - just north of Marble Falls - a true roller coaster of a drive - best driven at 70mph - just hold on tight to the steering wheel

The Wal-Mart in Marble Falls - well... you'd just have to be there - to understand that one

The Candle Factory in Georgetown - just north of Austin on IH-35 - they have the best candles I have ever seen

The San Gabriel River in Georgetown - a nice place to picnic and watch people - and ducks

San Marcos - a great place to swim and shop (Paper Bear's) and just hang out in - the folks are really nice there

many many other places... mostly along the roads as I drive... that make me smile

Regards,

Jim TX

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    The Wal-Mart in Marble Falls - well... you'd just have to be there - to understand that one

Hey! I was there last spring........it was nice, I guess.....maybe I am missing something....Is there something extra special about that Wal-Mart?

Do ya live in Marble Falls, Jim?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Marble Falls is one of the prettest towns I've ever been through. The lake and bridge on entering the town is almost surreal to me. I'd move there in a heart beat.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Marble Falls is one of the prettest towns I've ever been through. The lake and bridge on entering the town is almost surreal to me. I'd move there in a heart beat.

That's what I'm planning to do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit