Things I love about Texas

by IP_SEC 99 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can't make May, I'm afraid. My work schedule wont permit it, as we have some big projects planned and finishing throughout April - June. I'm only getting to a British Fest in April because I happen to be down there for a conference. I'm a bit bummed by that, as it looks like there are going to be a few in attendance that I'd really have liked to have met whom I haven't seen before.

July is looking really good, though. It's generally a quieter month, workwise, as most everyone I deal with has family obligations and takes their vacation then also. I'm also travelling off the island (which is a major expense) to get to Englishman's BBQ.

Besides, I've not yet experienced a Texan high Summer

LT, of the "masochist" class

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I am sort of biased, I was born here!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

target, a little know fact is that houston was teleported into the state by evil illuminists from louisiana but as more native and non native Texans move there the better it gets. Give it another 50 years or so

I love all of the little german towns. So quaint, so charming.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

all the good things others have pointed out plus it is where i met my significant sweetie.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Life is good in Texas

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Man, this thread has got me wanting to visit Texas BAD! I've never been to the Southwest or West.

• uninformed
    uninformed

kruez bbq in Lockhart--best in the whole world

Salt lick just out of Buda

Mr. Taco in Luling

• amused
    amused

Zee Zee Top

Shiner Blonde

No state income tax

And yeah, Kruez Market in Lockhart is good, but City Market in Luling is better.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Good Chicken Fried Steak

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Wild flowers in Texas are special, there are at least 5 geographic zones from coastal beaches, swamps, desert, high desert plains, the beautiful Hill Country and the rolling prairie where we live.

One reason why Central Texas is known for bad allergies is because there are native plants here -- that exist only in the eastern US or only in the western part. (Plus our own flora) Being in the middle we get LOTS of pollen, BUT, we get LOTS of purdy lil Texas flahers, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit