New brother in here!

by defd 290 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I can't stop freaking laughing.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Gee Whizz, Sorry I missed all the excitement, all the fun stuff seems to happen when I'm not around.

Welcome 2 'da fold 'dere Defd, or however you put it, hope you'll clear up the F'd up issues with your name thang!

• toreador
    toreador

maybe newbies only have a 50 post limit for starters.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    We need more threads like this to take the sting out of Mondays.

You're right Dave, and I should not have posted in the first place.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Whew...what a ride!

Defd,

First off...Welcome! I truly hope you stay around for a while and do as MOST 'newbies' do...they "lurk". I know, it sounds bad doesn't it? But, it's really not, I started posting here about a year ago...I "lurked"...just read and read and read some more. That way I was 'more or less' sure about 'where' I was reading & who all was here.

What I discovered is: There are all kinds of people here...from true, active JW's, ones that have questions about it all, others who have just left for various reasons, others have been disfellowshipped for various reasons, others have been told that they disassociated themselves, still others who voluntarily officially DA'd themselves. There is a pattern here...most people here have either been witnesses or related to them or have been affected by the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses...for good or bad.

Many times, teachers who have JW students come here...confused about how they can be fair and show respect for their beliefs. Or lots of boyfriends, girlfriends, aunt, cousins or friends of JW's show up with questions. What's nice about this site is...and this is very, very important...people here will give you their honest opinions (sometimes to a fault) IF...you seem to be open with them. The other thing is possibly, no...MUCH MORE IMPORTANT...if you 'throw out' a subject -- some thing on your mind that you are struggling with -- people here WILL NOT SPEAK WITH A SINGLE VOICE. This way you will get hundreds of smart people looking at what ever you want to talk about...and get hundreds of different, fresh viewpoints. It is of of course, up to you...to decide and pick & choose what advice -- if any you will take or use.

Look at the response to your first post !

Please do NOT look at this board as tho' it is 'one personality'. Nothing could be further from being true. As far as your welcome goes...it seems as tho' you were enjoying the attention, at the same time, you were being defensive and not very outgoing. That is all OK. When I first came here, I was scared to death I was committing some grand sin. You already know why. But, nothing happened. No demons jumped out of my computer screen, none of the dire predictions of doom and gloom, that I had heard of ever happened.

As far me, I was...and technically still am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I was baptized 32 years ago, I Regular Pioneered pre-1975 for 3 years. We raised all our children to be Witnesses. I've had some very bad experiences with Elders and in my family, because of religion. I've had LOADS of questions that I 'pestered' Elders about, not philosophical, egghead Bible questions. Instead mine were about real life, right now...the way I was treated, I slowly just stopped going to meetings.

4 years ago...the very person who brought me into this world of life and love...left this life. My Mom died, because some unseen, unknown men (who never even sign their names to their own writings, thereby not taking personal responsibility ) live in ivory colored towers in Brooklyn decided she should die. How ? Why ? They told her... Jehovah had told them, a blood transfusion was a bad thing.

My Mom alive was a good thing. Her losing that precious gift for a useless reason...is a bad thing. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out THAT one.

Not one Elder has even called or darkened my doorway in 4 years. I haven't moved...they have my tele. # I am not DF or DA, still their deep and abiding Christian love and concern for my family's life continues to amaze me...in odd ways.

So-o...I have questions and believe me I have opinions, too. I would bet you are a lot like me and getting your questions answered will quench that thirst you have.

Knowledge sets you free.

Looking forward to talking to you, Rabbit

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    dfed, what part of NY were you in? I'm upstate near Lake Ontario in Oswego county.

Sunspot! It looks like we live VERY close to each other - I just sent you a PM!

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Sunspot, I'm in Oneida county. Care to get together some time?

Ack! Fairchild! Check your PM too! Looks like the three of us live very close!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome Brother !!!!!!!

I haven't read all the replies to your introductory post because I want to thank you for being here. I am interested in knowing who you are as I am in Tennessee, myself. I can go first if you prefer as i don't mind all the loyal worshippers to know who I am:

My name is Bob and I am from (literally) the Walland, TN congregation of JW's. About 3 years ago I began having serious emotional problems and consulted a professional association in regard to my problem which resulted in intensive therapy sessions with several different psychiatrists, psychotherapists, and other professionals (deprogrammers). As a result of their love and kindness I was able to be diagnosed with a condition known as cognitive dissonance . Eventually I was able to come to the conclusion that my condition was caused by my knowledge of the following about the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses:

It's OK for a JW to get a blood transfusion in Bulgaria.

It's OK to belong to the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organisation).

It's OK to take all components of blood except the part that carries oxygen (the membrane).

It's OK to change the word "worship" in the 1961 NWT to the word "obeisance" in later editions of the NWT which was translated by F. Franz, G. Gangas, A.D. Shroeder, N.H. Knorr and M. Henschel.

It's OK to change the March 1979 WT in the bound volume from what the loose magazine said.

It's OK to lie under oath in court in a child custody case because it is theocratic warfare.

It's OK to wish that all apostates will be denied a resurrection and if the laws of the country we live in said it was OK they could be stoned to death by loyal JW's.

It's OK to deny Christ at the Nisan 14 celebration by refusing to eat the crackers and grape kool aid.

I could go on and on with documented OK's from the Governing Body's literature but will leave that for another time.

By the way, where are you located in Tennessee as I have some more loyal friends who live in the area and we all get together to praise our God.

Again,

Welcome friend and brother in Christ

• seven006
    seven006

Chris,

Knock it off. Iv yet to see you do something you shouldn't have done. You're one of the most positive constants on the whole board.

It's Monday, it's allowed.

Dave

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    It's OK for a JW to get a blood transfusion in Bulgaria.

I'd like to know more about that - details, documentation, sources, etc? I've never heard this before and would love to have a "leg to stand on" in bringing it up to the JWs in my life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit