New brother in here!

by defd 290 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Big Tex:

If you are in Tennessee, why are you posting from General Motors Corporation in Detroit, Michigan? Inquiring minds want to know.

I think undercover has it correct, corporate connection to DEtroit.

What I want to know is how defd can conscientiously work for an employer who get's their name from the Roman God Saturnas?

SATURNUS
    Roman God of Office Parties. The Saturnalia Carnival was a week-long festival when bosses and slaves changed places and had much fun. Strangely enough the climax of feasting and pleasure was 25th of December

• Valis
    Valis

xjw, it isn't his email address Big T is talking about..

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:What I want to know is how defd can conscientiously work for an employer who get's their name from the Roman God Saturnas?

I was wondering the same thing incidentally. Perhaps we should write the Governing Body and see if it is considered a conscience issue or a disfellowshiping issue..

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

DEFD!! WELCOME!!

It is Absolutely Impossible for you to leave this Board before you really succeed in making us Feel Encouraged by Christian Thoughts expressed by a Good Brother like the one you seem to be. PLEASE, Stay with us, although I cannot reply and talk to you as often as I would like. Stay and thanks for your enlightening Presence. I've been looking for years for a Guy as Smart as you.
    Moreover you are becoming really Popular!!

--And You All, Brothers & single Sisters, don't be too tough with our new fellow--

Gian

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    it isn't his email address Big T is talking about..

Well I'm no expert, but if all of GM's offices/plants were running private network or VPN wouldn't the IP point back to corporate?

End of thead hijack, going home to peek up a skirt

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I am not trying to make a big deal here, but wouldn't it be better if we just told brothers and sisters that came here from the JW's what we are? Why are we stooping as low as they are? Brother Dfed said he didn't want to talk to apostates or people that did not love Jesus or Jehovah. He made it perfectly clear that he was here only to talk to those who were faithful to the religion. Why do we have nine pages of people trying to deceive this poor brother, and we could not tell him straight out what this board consists of? Are we so ashamed of what we are, and what we represent, that we can not tell the truth?

Just because they stoop to lies and deceit doesn't mean *we* have to. Why can't people just be honest enough to tell this poor brother that he is among the apostates/demons? Or is it because we want to be LIKE THEM to entrap another poor JW, when we all condemn their lies. Are we going to be LIKE them?

CG

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hello defd,

Guess I'm late since there have been so many posts since this morning. WELCOME to the forum.

I've been baptised since 1970 and am not da'd or df'd........so you might say that I'm in good standing. And I served for decades as a MS and elder......gave talks at assembly's and conventions........and was told that I was a very compassionate and loving person.

This forum is very informative and the people here are very warm hearted and willing to help in sooooo many ways. Please don't leave because a few say things you are not comfortable with.

You said the following!

like i stated at the outset i will talk to anyone except apostates, disfellowshipped or haters of Jehovah and Jesus witness or not

I don't consider myself and apostate but really consider myself a lover of Jehovah and especially Jesus. You don't want to talk to anyone who witnesses about Jesus? That's a terrible thing to say! I thought you believed that all things are done through Jesus....that all things came into existence through him.......that HE was the firstborn of all creation! And you don't want to talk to anyone who loves him? When you go door to door, don't you meet up with people from the Christian community who believe in Jesus? Are you telling me that you WON'T talk to them about faith? SHAME ON YOU defd!

And you said you are at work! Don't you feel ashamed about all the time you are stealing from the Saturn Corp.?

Anyhow.......please stick around and learn about some of the people here and the horrible things they have gone through and are still going through at the hands of the decision makers of local KH's and the rulers in Brooklyn. Learn how family's are torn apart because some family members have more love for a corporation than their own mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, etc. Learn about the lack of love that is supposed to identify JW's as the true followers of Jesus.

And hopefully you may learn things that open your eyes to the REAL truth about the WT society! It's good to remain teachable and have an open mind even though the encouragement from Brooklyn is to NEVER have an open mind. Read what others have learned and don't be soooo quick to disregard facts......facts that most JW's refuse to acknowledge........like all the failed prophesy........the UN scandal..........the eronious teaching of the 607BC date.

Why not read Crisis of Conscience? Ray Franz is a loving man who gave his life in the service of the "organization" like many of us did, only to realize that we never gave our lives to actually serving the Creator.

The WTBTS is no different than Saturn. Tell us......what would you do if Saturn told you that if any member of your family or any of your friends bought another product, that you would have to shun them and have nothing further to do with them until they saw the light and came back to Saturn? Really stupid reasoning......isn't it? THINK!

So......WELCOME and nice to meet you.

HappyDad

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    wouldn't it be better if we just told brothers and sisters that came here from the JW's what we are?

Hmmm do you really think he doesnt know? I got here via search engine and saw it was apostate from the first 3 seconds. I think he was rattling our chain as much as we were rattling his.

I do wish we'd be a little nicer. I think most apologist posters here are confused and are in a good position to step over to the dark side if we will just bear with them?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Just because they stoop to lies and deceit doesn't mean *we* have to. Why can't people just be honest enough to tell this poor brother that he is among the apostates/demons? Or is it because we want to be LIKE THEM to entrap another poor JW, when we all condemn their lies. Are we going to be LIKE them?

CG I think defd was just baiting us, and we in turn him. Its all good

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

You are right Country Girl. Tell us, good-single-mostly active brothers, your real name. And whether or not you are a Lady. [edited] And do not think I didn't recognize them, you cannot lie!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit