Do You Miss Any Of Your JW Friends???

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Shania
    Shania

Frank you are right on with that.....I've heard it said you can go through life haveing friends but----you can count on one hand your true friends..................this is a true statement because it is your true friends from your past that last.............I recently found this to be so true with some friends who I knew 20 years ago called and misses our good times and laughs so we are heading out Sat for drinks and apps and talk over the good (old) days though I'm not that old......................

• heathen
    heathen

upside/down --- I think many are leaving because of the web or because they go for more education . LOL with the matrix comparison . Even the WTBTS has been less uptight about people getting better education because prior beliefs are being edited . They no longer have dates set for the conclusion of this system of things and realize they may have to live an entire lifetime in this greedy capitalist world and the WTBTS is not taking the responsibility for the elderly or the poor in the western world but seem to take more interest in overseas .

• littletree
    littletree

sometimes i think that i miss my witness friends. 1 or 2 of them who are hanging on by a thread still keep in contact with me. but what happened to me last week reminds me why i'm better off without contact from "friends" who are still JW: a guy who's like a brother to me e-mailed me, telling me how much he missed me and thought about what a good friend i'd been to him. when i replied that i was happy and still trying to find "spirituality", he went right back and told others that what i said sounded "apostate". he's the one that sought ME out! he probably printed out what i said and gave it to my elders- who haven't questioned my whereabouts over the last year and a half. some "friend".

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I can't really say that I miss any "friends" that are still JW's. I've moved onto what I would call more adult relationships since then. I do have to say that I really miss some relatives that are still heavily involved- my Dad, my brothers, grandparents, aunts and uncles...... *sigh*... oh well.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

yes - I miss my witness friends. Like many here, since I have left I have had virtually no contact with any of the former friends.

I was in for nearly 50 years, starting over again os not easy.

Eyeslice

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I miss some of them. However people never treated me as equal in the KH! So really I don't miss them because I never had a close relationship with them. Those I did have ties with are not out and I want to see them and be great friends again. Nancy Drake I love you! My new found friend is Dustin and his wife! Who I meet on here. I love Dustin he is so cool and alot like me. His wife is so very nice too! I have finally found friends that I need! Where is Nancy Drake?

I guess I don't miss them at all because I am starting over and new friends will come!

Brooke

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

My best friend was an unbabtised publisher, and we just kind of lost touch over the years. As far as babtised jw friends... I never had any.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Very interesting forum name there "liquidsky", I noticed you are from Washington, does the name have anything to do with the band Queensryche?? I`m a HUGE fan!!

I might add.... that I don`t really miss anyone in particular, life goes on and I made REAL friends after the borg!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have to add this...If you call them friends you would not have to miss them because friends do not judge or shun you and leave you out in the cold. If you do miss them you have to say to yourself they never really were friends anyway.

Brooke

• pratt1
    pratt1

I still have the close true friends that I had as a Dub, even though I am no longer in the "False".

I have also made new friends that have replaced most of the fair weather friends I used to have.

It's hard but I sometimes still miss the friends of my youth if only because of the memories we shared together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit