Do You Miss Any Of Your JW Friends???

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I totally disagree with the idea that those who would not stay our friends even though we exited the borg were not really true friends and.... those that stated that should know better.

The fact is.....when someone who cares for us or loves us shuns....is not because they do not love us, miss us, think about us, and long to see us agin.......it's because they truely believe it's wrong in gods eyes to do so and in the long run it will benifit them to obey. Their brainwashed....remember?

Do you honestly think that a mother or father who truely loves their child who is married and has kids but is disfellowshipped does not grieve and long to be with them?

So many here mentioned they had one or two friends. I count count the friends I had as a witness I'd love to see again and remain their friends as many were a big part of my life.

Me thinks too many who commented aren't being totally honest......course I could be wrong......... but I ain't

Gumby

• Namasti
    Namasti

You cannot be a true friend as a witness. You have too many restrictions. You can't have an independent thought so how can you really love. Once u enter the cult and give your soul away, you can no longer be a real friend. So I disagree with you-- Gumby. They know exactly what the score is and in their heart, they agree to abide by it. They were never your friends, they couldn't be. Robots are incapable of loving. It may look like, feel like, walk like friendship, but it's just an illusion. The Robots are programed to love with very detailed rules as to when, where and how. The very nature and meaning of being a JW goes contrary to being true friend,.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Not anymore. I realized that true friends will be there no matter what happens in your life. Therefore I realize I had no true JW friends, only acquintances, and those come and go. So I went out and tried to make new friends. Thanks to this board it looks like I've made some new ones.

Dustin

• inquirer
    inquirer

minimus --

Sadly, I miss very few.

inquirer -- I don't miss anyone! Wasn't there long enough. But I always thought, that everytime you spoke to them, you were talking to someone that was too indoctrinated. X + 2 more of them, is just not possible.... Ok, they are religious and you'd expect that, but if you get even 5 cm non-JW, they couldn't handle it. Everything is on the ban list.

I saw some people there I liked, but what kind of friends are they? Witness friends? Why can't someone just be a friend ALWAYS.

I find friends hard to come by these days -- JW (assuming it was possible) or worldly people. People seemed to your friend ONLY when your in a certain situation like at work. If you that job... no friend anymore. A college course, if you leave that course... no friend anymore... etc, etc...

• inquirer
    inquirer

People genererally use each other in this life.

You get married to some chick, you lose your job. She divorces you beacuse you don't have $. But the marriage celebrant tells you to say "for richer or poorer!"

...Go figure! (shrugs shoulders.)

I think with the way things are with job security, I think human beings in general should be more reasonable!

It's such a horrible world. I hope that the Jehovah ends it asap. LIterally within 5 years.

Sorry about my "downing" everything. It's just one of those topics. Everyone has their sensitive topics. I have several... lol... I got a lot of problems if it's several! :D

• inquirer
    inquirer

Minimus--
    I've always looked at the Organization in the same way as belonging to a club. You can get kicked out if the club makes new rules....Great to have you back, Blondie!!

inquirer-- Yeah! Way to go! LIke that post. :)

• inquirer
    inquirer

JH--
    Proverbs 17:17 A true companion is loving all the time

Good point Blondie

This means that not 1 JW has a friend, since all will be shunned and rejected if they leave.

inquirer -- Love this post too! :)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Gumby I agree with you there....the comment that they are brainwashed!

I am human and I make mistakes but shunning my kids or brothers or sister of father or mother etc etc etc is not for me. Why because in my heart I know it is wrong and I feel it. When I was a JW I knew it was wrong and I did not choose to shun. I remember at an assembly I walked up to a brother who was DF'ed and was a good friend of mine and my husbands and I hugged him right there in front of everyone. And his wife who was also DF'ed I sat and talked with her at a wedding. Did I care? No! Not at all I knew it was wrong in the JW eyes but not in mine! I answer for myself not for others.

Being a true friend is one who does not look at limits and boundaries. I can only be your friend if you are this? No, that's not a true friend. Love and unconditional not conditional!

Brooke

• gumby
    gumby
    You can't have an independent thought so how can you really love. Once u enter the cult and give your soul away, you can no longer be a real friend. So I disagree with you-- Gumby. They know exactly what the score is and in their heart, they agree to abide by it. They were never your friends, they couldn't be.

Oh....ok, I'll have to remember that one. So......of the 6 million JW's on this planet....every one of them cannot love anyone once they become part of the cult because their soul is gone......I see. I guess I should figure my wife doesn't love me anymore since I left the organisation because her soul is gone eh? Damn!

Many of the ex-dub posters here don't know their ass from a hole in the ground because you were never dubs to begin with and haven't got a friggin clue about the organisation because you were never really in it. You never had real friends in the borg.....so it's easy for you to spout bullshit.

What do you suppose dubs are supposed to do when their friend becomes disfellowshipped? Should we expect them to all abandon what they have been taught? Should they all say...."to hell with what the organisation says....their my friend and they are going to remain my friend even if I'm DFed with them? Yea.......right. You people obviously never really felt what you were taught was true by your comments.

Gumby

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Many of the ex-dub posters here don't know their ass from a hole in the ground because you were never dubs to begin with and haven't got a friggin clue about the organisation because you were never really in it. You never had real friends in the borg.....so it's easy for you to spout bullshit.

All I have to say is Wow! People have different ideas and different opinions let them have that and not be turned down for thinking differently than you or I or anyone else! Take it easy! I don't know you nor ever talked with you before but don't shut people out for thinking and having a opinion!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit