Do You Miss Any Of Your JW Friends???

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JH---You made the point well!

• franklin J
    franklin J

no,

they have all been replaced ( their choice; not mine) with bigger, better-and far more REAL friends....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i never had a friend as a jw.. of course i was only a jw for 40 freakin years......

only time the women were nice to me was when they wanted me to buy something or to try to get gossip (which they never got. i dont gossip) hmmm maybe i should have gossiped... i'd have fit right in!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

When I first left there were ones that I missed. That was a long time ago. I rarely think about them anymore. Life goes on.

• Shania
    Shania

Sure I do but I realize it is all conditional love or like for that matter.....let's face it we were forced in the company of these so called friends for 3 meetings a week pluse service, in real life we probably wouldn't be caught dead with some of these people......but the ones you can be yourself with are the ones that will seek you out wether you call them or not........and those are the ones I considered my friends so I have kept the friends I really felt were my friends and they have kept me for that matter

• Emma
    Emma

I do. I miss the woman that was my closest friend for years. We were pregnant at the same time, shared the same interests, and were as close as any sisters can be.

She's in a cult; until (and if) she frees herself, I know I won't have any contact with her.

I worry about her. She wasn't really happy in her marriage (gee, how unusual!) and suffered from depression.

If she ever manages to get out, I hope she looks me up! Maybe she "can't" be a friend, but I can.

Emma

• heathen
    heathen

Nope . never really felt I made any to begin with while I did the home book study . I always felt like there was some kind of conspiracy involved . They really are only your friend when they need something , even if it's just so they can count time . IMO

• franklin J
    franklin J

...you know, as I read all of these responses to this thread it occured to me that as we get older ( JW or not) it is harder to develope new "friends".

I can honestly say that I have many, many "aquaintences" but actually very few real friends. The rigors, responsiblilities and pressures of life as we get older leave very little time to develop "friendships". The friendships of youth; if they last through the years, are priceless, and in my opinion, irreplaceable.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I tend to not think about it. Life is too short.
    Meanwhile I've made plenty of new friends, and been reacquainted with a few old.

Dances around Crumpet's wigwam

• upside/down
    upside/down

It kinda reminds me of being released from prison after a long stint in the joint.

You leave friends behind, but most of em know why they are there. Many of my dub friends were and are good friends, and they are not happy. They are just so "invested", either thru relatives, jobs, friends etc THEY JUST CAN"T BRING THEMSELVES TO LEAVE. If there was a safe alternative to leave to I think they'd do it.

It reminds of The Matrix for many though- which pill the blue or the red? THAT IS THE QUESTION!

u/d (of the do you love me more than these class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit