When did you stop growing ?

by frenchbabyface 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I never stopped growing, each year I get bigger around the middle.

Ken P.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Apparently your nose never stops growing, regardless of how many lies you do or don't tell!
    A true story...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think I probably was full height by 18 1/2 or 19. I was very thin at that point (like a 28 waist), even though I'd gone through a couple horrible fat years as a pre-teen. It took till I was 25+ to be able to really gain any bulk.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I stopped growing about 14/15. I grew about 3 inches from 12-15 years old and am about 5'4" - can stretch to 5'5" if I don't comb my hair!

My mum is small - 5 feet exactly, and my dad is the same height as me. That's why I can address him -
    " Awright Weeman.."

Most of my family are small - a lot of West of Scotland people in the 50+ bracket are small. Something to do with powdered egg and Spam during the war.

FF

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm the tallest member of the family. Growing up we had corned beef, instead of spam

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

ok ... so the standards seems to be :

• for girls 12 to 16
    • for guys 16 to 20

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

OOOOO very posh! Corned Beef - very impressed LT - and did you open a wee tin of Salmon on special occasions? lol!!!

I might have reached 5'6 if it wasn't for my mother's obsession with Findus Crispy Pancakes. I was also very skinny until I got to 30. I couldn't get above 7 1/2 Stones (about 120lbs?)and used to wish for some extra weight, as I couldn't go out in swimwear as people would often offer me sandwiches. Could eat like a horse and not put on any weight. Well, my wish has been granted, I have been truly blessed..*sobs*

FF

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    FF : I couldn't go out in swimwear as people would often offer me sandwiches

... ...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FF:
    Alas, I didn't have tinned salmon until well into my 20's!

Findus Crispy Pancakes

Oooh, who were you saying is posh?
    LOL

FBF:
    That sounds like a common standard.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

DY

Same thing happened to me. I always thought I was 5'9" which was fine by me (69 inches), but at my last doctor's visit, they said I was 5'10". I'm not sure when that happened, but I'll take an extra inch anytime.

Speaking of which

Sooooooo, FBF, how old is your son now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit