Both the Watchtower and "You Know" are wrong, wrong, WRONG!

by Schizm 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schizm
    Schizm

Well, things got too tough for Gumby and he decided to go into hiding AGAIN . Bye, Gumby, see you at some future time ... when you THINK you have something important to say ... but really don't.

That's why I think it is futile to describe God as a loving parent. Either he's psychologically totally different from the average human (hence the pathology by human standards) or he doesn't exist. I believe the latter is the case.--Pole.
    Precisely why I don't believe that the Christian God exists. Perhaps a supreme designer of some sort, but certainly not a pathological, uncaring killer.--AlanF

Note that Pole says that the God of the Bible is unloving, and that Alan describes him as a pathological, uncaring killer. And why? All because he placed the responsibility for the people's children being washed away in the Flood etc. where it rightly belonged, namely with that of their parents. Had the parents themselves been worthy of surviving the Flood etc. then their children would've survived as well. The truth is that, rather than God being an "uncaring killer," it was the parents themselves who proved to be unloving and uncaring.

You both are so misadjusted in your viewpoints that it's actually pitiful. And what's so amazing about it all is that you actually consider yourselves to be educated.

• Pole
    Pole

Schizm,

Had the parents themselves been worthy of surviving the Flood etc. then their children would've survived as well. The truth is that, rather than God being an "uncaring killer," it was the parents themselves who proved to be unloving and uncaring.

Schizm for dummies:

1) Pre-Flood people sinned and deserved death.

2) God killed those people.

3) God killed their innocent children as well.

4) God is in no way responsible for killing the innocent children. God couldn't have possibly saved the children. He saved a pair of elephants and a pair of pigs by miraculously directing them to the Ark, but he didn't care to save the children. That would have been way to much trouble and God didn't feel obliged to do so. God did the best thing he could: he killed the children with their wicked parents. It wasn't his fault and he had to anyway. After the flood he had some second thoughts on having killed so much "flesh". But he only meant the animal world. The children of the wicked parents didn't even deserve his reflection.

You both are so misadjusted in your viewpoints that it's actually pitiful. And what's so amazing about it all is that you actually consider yourselves to be educated.

It has nothing to do with intelligence and being well educated. I can't blame you for having neither of those assets. It has more to do with a basic sense of morality. I wonder how many believers on this forum agree with you. I wonder how many of those who agree think that being a believer allows them to attain a higher level of morality.

Pole

• Schizm
    Schizm
    He saved a pair of elephants and a pair of pigs by miraculously directing them to the Ark, but he didn't care to save the children. That would have been way to much trouble and God didn't feel obliged to do so. God did the best thing he could: he killed the children with their wicked parents.

You failed to mention that God DID save Noah's children. Wonder why he did?

You both are so misadjusted in your viewpoints that it's actually pitiful. And what's so amazing about it all is that you actually consider yourselves to be educated.--Schizm.

It has nothing to do with intelligence and being well educated. I can't blame you for having neither of those assets.--Pole.

You know, you truly are a marvel to behold.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Schism,

: All because he placed the responsibility for the people's children being washed away in the Flood etc. where it rightly belonged, namely with that of their parents. Had the parents themselves been worthy of surviving the Flood etc. then their children would've survived as well. The truth is that, rather than God being an "uncaring killer," it was the parents themselves who proved to be unloving and uncaring.

Ok: next time you do something wrong, God should therefore kill not only you but all your children. If that were to happen, I'm sure you'd only be too happy to to think God was doing the right thing. Nazi-God worshippers are like that.

Fair is fair.

Farkel

• Pole
    Pole

Schizm,

No he didn't. There was no global flood. Admitting this simple fact (on many different grounds) makes it one bit easier to believe in God. It's too late for you to admit it though. Thanks for the tip though. Let me complete what I've said then. I'm glad you agree with the way I described your views on the matter otherwise:

1) Pre-Flood people sinned and deserved death.

2) God killed those people.

3) God killed their innocent children as well.

4) God is in no way responsible for killing the innocent children. God couldn't have possibly saved the children. He saved a pair of elephants and a pair of pigs by miraculously directing them to the Ark, but he didn't care to save the children. That would have been way to much trouble and God didn't feel obliged to do so. God did the best thing he could: he killed the children with their wicked parents. It wasn't his fault and he had to anyway. After the flood he had some second thoughts on having killed so much "flesh". But he only meant the animal world. The children of the wicked parents didn't even deserve his reflection.

5) We shouldn't forget God saved Noah's children. Actually they were pretty big children. Three sons. All of them married. They all owned their survival to Noah. The fact that God spared those three innocent big little children proves that the children who were killed by God could have survived if their parents hadn't been wicked.

You both are so misadjusted in your viewpoints that it's actually pitiful. And what's so amazing about it all is that you actually consider yourselves to be educated.--Schizm.

It has nothing to do with intelligence and being well educated . I can't blame you for having neither of those assets.--Pole.

You know, you truly are a marvel to behold.

In emotional terms, I understand why you resort to empty rhetorics, but I don't think you believe what you've said. On the other hand, I do rationally believe what I said about your education and intelligence.

Pole

• Pole
    Pole

Holy Crap Schizm - your braindead argumentation has "massed together clear up to heaven". You've summoned the demon of Farkel out of the abyss!

Run run run!!!

Pole

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm,

No he didn't.

If we're talking about the account in the Bible, yes God DID did save Noah's children. Who do you think that was on the Ark with Noah if not his own offspring?

I'm glad you agree with the way I described your views on the matter otherwise:

Stop kidding yourself. There's hardly anything you say that I agree with 100%.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    : All because he placed the responsibility for the people's children being washed away in the Flood etc. where it rightly belonged, namely with that of their parents. Had the parents themselves been worthy of surviving the Flood etc. then their children would've survived as well. The truth is that, rather than God being an "uncaring killer," it was the parents themselves who proved to be unloving and uncaring.

Ok: next time you do something wrong, God should therefore kill not only you but all your children.

"Just as it was in the days of Noah," so says the scripture. The world of today has yet to degenerate to the level it was in when the Flood came. Quit being so dumb, Farkel.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Holy Crap Schizm - your braindead argumentation has "massed together clear up to heaven". You've summoned the demon of Farkel out of the abyss!

Run run run!!!

Pole

The thing I'm curious about the most is what has happened to Gumby. I guess he's out there somewhere, hiding behind those who came to his rescue. Some "rescue" attempt eh? *LOL*

• Pole
    Pole

Schizm,

Now you're getting all confused. I'm sure you made up this Noah's children argument on the fly and you'll do all you can to get out of it. I'll make it simple for you:

Are you saying that Noah's three grown-up sons who were married when the Flood took place (according to Genesis) were children in the same sense all the other children who were killed by God in the Flood were? Were Noah's three adult sons only saved because they had a righteous parent? Did it have nothing to do with them being righteous?

Stop kidding yourself. There's hardly anything you say that I agree with 100%.

Fine by me. Please show me which of the 5 points I posted above misrepresents your views.

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit