Both the Watchtower and "You Know" are wrong, wrong, WRONG!

by Schizm 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schizm
    Schizm

Will people who die at Armageddon really be finished forever? The WTS believes that there is no more hope for such ones, and Watchman (aka You Know) supports that view. Note what he has said in one of his commentaries:

"Each one's everlasting destiny is determined by whether they worship the image or not."--http://e-watchman.com/commentaries/aug_31_old_new.html

Yep, according to him and the WTS, those who accept the "mark" (Re 13:16-18) will have done something serious enough so as to bar them from EVER enjoying life again. But such a view is not supported by the Bible, as we shall see.

19 And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army. 20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worship to its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur. 21 But the rest were killed off with the long sword of the one seated on the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth. And all the birds were filled from the fleshy parts of them.--Revelation 19:19-21.

From the above scripture it's plain that the only 2 things that are thrown into the lake of fire (a symbol of everlasting destruction) is: 1) the wild beast and 2) the false prophet. Insofar as the kings and their armies, in addition to all those who will have accepted the mark (the majority of mankind) , that they are NOT destroyed forever is attested to by the fact that they aren't thrown into the lake of fire along with the 2 mentioned. Yes, the scripture says that they will be "killed" but not thrown into the lake of fire. Their not being thrown into the lake of fire can mean only one thing--that they are not destroyed forever. Which, of course, can only mean one thing--those who die at Armageddon definitely have a chance of being resurrected.

But what about the scripture at Revelation 17:8? Does it not suggest that those who accept the mark will be killed and never see life again? No, it does not suggest that:

7 And so the angel said to me: “Why is it you wondered? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast that is carrying her and that has the seven heads and the ten horns: 8 The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world.--Revelation 17:7-8.

As can be seen, all that is really said is that they have YET to have their names written upon the scroll of life (which should be every mortal person's goal) . It does NOT say that such ones never will have their names inscribed on that scroll. The point being, that such ones certainly haven't helped themselves out by foolishly accepting the mark. On the other hand, those who refuse to accept the mark will have happily progressed towards getting their names written upon a scroll that means everlasting life to them. Those who foolishly accept the mark will have merely put themselves at a disadvantage, but they are not condemned to everlasting death. Schizm .

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Interesting! I agree.

I had sent what I said up above to a cyber acquaintance in Romania, and that was his reply. Apparently, he had no trouble at all in comprehending it all.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Armageddon aint happnin, bro. Haven't you figgurd it yet? Oh well, mental masturbation is fun. Enjoy

S

• Schizm
    Schizm

"Sometime, tricks are played upon the mind". That's a line in one of Merle Haggard's songs. I think it applies to YOU though. *LOL*

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

So your saying that you DISAGREE with the watchtower?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    So your saying that you DISAGREE with the watchtower?

First, it's "you're" not "your". Second, what ever gave you the idea that I disagreed with the WTS? Might it have been the title to this thread? You know what? YOU are just pretty darn swift!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey bro schizzy

I learned about the tricks: first the wt tricks, second, the bible tricksters, third, the business tricksters, fourth, the political mega trickie dickies. Not all of them, but enough, nonetheless. Hey, you're young and smart. I bet you'll eventually figure out some of them as well.

S

• gumby
    gumby

Makes sense to me Schizm.

God wipes out millions in the flood, but will bring thrm back for a second chance.

Then, he bakes people with fire in Sodom and Gommorah, but he'll bring them back with their burns all healed up,

Then, he wipes out all the Cannanites in a bloodbath that kills women and babies, ...but he'll bring them back and give those wicked babies another chance. Hopefully the babies parents will worship Jehovah instead of Baal this time around.

Then, he'll kill billions at armaggedon but bring them all back again.

I think your god is a [edited] .....whadya think of them apples?

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm

You've really hit rock-bottom, Gumby. You know that?

Not many JWs would continue to speak with you, but yet I have.

What you've just described is a God of compassion, a God who doesn't quickly give up on imperfect people.

Since you're so bright and a know-it-all, let me ask you a few questions.

God wipes out millions in the flood, but will bring thrm back for a second chance.

And what do you find wrong with God giving all these people and their children another chance?

Then, he bakes people with fire in Sodom and Gommorah, but he'll bring them back with their burns all healed up,

And what do you find wrong with God giving all these people and their children another chance?

Then, he wipes out all the Cannanites in a bloodbath that kills women and babies, ...but he'll bring them back and give those wicked babies another chance.

Then, he'll kill billions at armaggedon but bring them all back again.

I think your god is a big stupidass dipshit.....whadya think of them apples?

If I didn't know better, I'd think you are trying to pick a fight. But I've come to know you now Gumby, that you're just a big pussy.

• franklin J
    franklin J

..what? Jehovahs Witnesses are ...wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit