WTS Official Spin on monthly Awake: 'More emphasis on the Bible!'

by Neo 87 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Nice work, Neo. So you have this on solid sources? You mention you did not have a copy of the actual printed material.

SNG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Do you have a scan? I can host it if needed.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

wow! im surprised they would announce something that is going to happen nine months away... a lot of jdubs are going to respond by saying, "well if they have such big plans so far away, then for sure armageddon isn't coming before those nine months because Jehovah wouldn't allow them to spend so much time and money just to have armageddon come before they even get to see their plans through"

HAHA MORE FLAWS!

bethel jr.

• toreador
    toreador

Yes, I wonder if it could be for financial reasons they are cutting back. I would like to see a scan of the article if possible.

• blondie
    blondie
    wow! im surprised they would announce something that is going to happen nine months away...

I suppose they can only keep a secret so long. Bethelites are notorious for leaking information. They are probably having to cut back even now to be on target with their plans next January. Better to hear it from them than through the grapevine.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Wow so it really is official - a scan of the KM as soon as it becomes available would be much appreciated by many on this board I think

• blondie
    blondie

stilla, when do they hand out the KMs in your area?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Unfortunately Blondie in the Midwest (KC metro area and vicinity) the elders seem control freaks and we do not get the KMs until about 3rd week in month. So I will get the March KM about Feb 23rd - I do have friends in "other countries" who may be able to get me a copy sooner though

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I know I wasn't the only one who felt that the Awake was the best one to place out in field service. I wouldn't even place the WT with most people--much of the time it was just too heavy and judgemental and too hard for the general public to make any sense of, and if you did ever get a return visit you usually put the Awake on the top of the pile and slipped the WT underneath just so you could place it somewhere (or pawn it off on some unexpecting householder). So going on in FS will be even more burdensome for the JW already on the edge. I am sure that many are groaning to themselves about this.

cybs

• steve2
    steve2

So, does anyone know if the Awake! will increase in number of pages? By the way, what is the current circulation of the Awake!? Has it slower in recent years? It's a long time since I've had my hands on an actual copy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit