WTS Official Spin on monthly Awake: 'More emphasis on the Bible!'

by Neo 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

I don't have a scan but my info comes from solid sources. I'd love if someone could scan the article and send it our way.

Neo

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

This reminds me of when they stopped serving food on the assemblys.

We where told that we should bring our own food so everyone could consentrate on what was said from the platform instead of preparing hot dogs and hamburgers. The real reason was however that the dubs did not pay what they should for the food.

I belive it's the same thing this time. Dub's contributions is not covering the costs of litterature production, the have to cut costs, but they tell us that the change is due to 'More emphasis on the Bible!'

It's just another theocratic warfare kind of lie.

Sam

• Neo
    Neo

bethel jr.,

That's a cool new avatar! May we expect the heavies all the way to Don Adams?

wow! im surprised they would announce something that is going to happen nine months away... a lot of jdubs are going to respond by saying, "well if they have such big plans so far away, then for sure armageddon isn't coming before those nine months because Jehovah wouldn't allow them to spend so much time and money just to have armageddon come before they even get to see their plans through"

Yeah, but it's only less than a year in advance! Remember the Patterson project? When they announced it back in the nineties, it would take years to get finished!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I wonder if they have thought about the effect this move will have on that old barometer of how good the Rank and File are in field service; 'return visits'.

A sizeable majority of return visits are nothing more than a newspaper round - they get a call twice a month with the 'latest copies of the magazines'.

In the future, calling with the two magazines once a month will be fine but I think there will be little incentive to call with just the latest Watchtower.

Net effect; return visits will fall by at least 25%.

Eyeslice

• Pole
    Pole

I wonder if they really save much by going monthly. The Dubs will feel less obliged to contribute as much as they have so far when they start getting only 1 Awake a month at the counter.

Pole

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Colin Quackenbush!

• Neo
    Neo

Samuel,

This reminds me of when they stopped serving food on the assemblys. (...)

It's just another theocratic warfare kind of lie.

Yes, you're right. They said it was a "simplification" and that people would have more time to concentrate in the program, but the real reason is they didn't want to pay taxes for selling food.

Bring-Your-Own-Food, one-day assemblies, "donation arrangement", no subscriptions, rehashed publications, smaller calendars, paperback books and now a monthly Awake are all simplifications - an all-embracing word the Watchtower uses as an excuse to explain away its downward spiral.

Neo

• Neo
    Neo

BTW,

Welcome to JWD, Samuel Thorsen!

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Satanus,

So, the college level education that the awake has been providing to jws for decades goes down the tubes. For shame!

I spit my coffee out when I read this ... I had forgotten about this claim ... yes, it seems rather odd for the Watchtower Society to be trimming down the very magazine that makes JWs so damn smart.

• Will Power
    Will Power

"yes, it seems rather odd for the Watchtower Society to be trimming down the very magazine that makes JWs so damn smart. "

Maybe they figure this is why the numbers are dropping? They are getting a little too smart? LOL

wp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit