2005 Barbecue Is Definitely On!

by Englishman 276 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Could you please tell me how far Newcastle is from your place??
    So, what would be the best way to get there then?? Is there a train service??

Newcastle is about 300 miles/5hrs drive from Weston-Super-Mare, and its a nightmare to do on public transport. Me and my girlfriend will be driving down leaving Newcastle Friday teatime and returning late Sunday, if you need a lift.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Bristol Airport has now been upgraded to full International status. Continental Airlines will fly from New York to Bristol regularly as from next month.

Englishman.

• qwerty
    qwerty

It seems I might be staying here, if I get the deposit off and or the Courtlands don't call (left a message on their answer phone)

Anyone else interested there's rooms available. £18.
    http://www.theabingdon.co.uk/

195-197 Locking Road Weston-Super-Mare North Somerset BS23 3HE
    Tel: 01934 625840 Mobile: 07904 360902

They say it's a 10 min walk to Em's and HL's road. Mike can you confirm this please, thanks.

Qwerty

• Englishman
    Englishman

Qwerty,

Yep, Locking Road is indeed about 10 minutes walk away. Severn Rd, Whitecross Rd, Walliscote Rd are all within a couple of hundred yards.

Courtlands has a prior booking and all the rooms are already taken.

Englishman.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Update- The Courtlands are full- Thanks Mike + I got a call from them this morning giving me the bad news! Although there is room at The Abingdon and it sounds a good B & B - I have cancelled. A ten minute walk could become a half hour one if sozzzzzled! I have rebooked at another B & B - The Albany on Clevedon Road Friday and Saturday night, which is a 2 min walk or so! The number if anyone else is interested - 01934 629936. Qwerty

• qwerty
    qwerty

+ the owners are Yorkshire Folk! Sheffielders infact!

• Valis
    Valis
    Me and my girlfriend will be driving down leaving Newcastle Friday teatime and returning late Sunday, if you need a lift.

finally snagged a from the neighbors allotment eh?

• qwerty
    qwerty

Valis Great your going to be there too! I might take you up on that offer- you not going down with Gadget-n-Gal then? Tea time seem a little late to be going from Newcastle! If you can make it to my place for say Friday mid afternoon you are welcome to park on my drive and come down the rest of the way with me. Qwerty

• Faolan
    Faolan
    finally snagged a from the neighbors allotment eh?

Ahem Travis!!!!

Not a , but a witch and I've got a very large toading stick (and a 49" sword, just looking for someone's rear end to impale, lol)!!

Claire, x

• Englishman
    Englishman

Last year, a bunch of us went for an Indian meal on the night before the BBQ.

Can you imagine Kent, Valis, Norm, Nelly, Me etc in an Indian restaurant? It was a riot!

So...anyone up for it? Say Friday July 8, about 7.30 pm?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit