2005 Barbecue Is Definitely On!

by Englishman 276 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ok here we go:

Saturday seems to be much preferred over Sunday, so this years BBQ will be held on Saturday, July 9th, commencing around 2 pm. Location is our home in Weston super Mare. As usual, the day will be very boozy and proceedings will conclude in The Waverley pub. I shall prevail upon the landlady to stay open until the wee small hours once again. Hopefully the weather will be good.

Everyone from the board will be welcome. Please, don't bring any grub unless you think my cooking is abysmal (Ha ha) or you're a vegetarian or a vegan or just plain insectivorious. The food is our treat, so prepare to be suitably bloated on various imaginative recipes. Beer and wine is very welcome, however. Actually, it's essential!

This is a useful site for places to stay: http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/westonsu.html#01934636409

The guest houses in Clifton Road, Clevedon Road and Walliscote Road are very close, so walking home from the pub shouldn't be too much of an ordeal.

It should be a good event once again. Rumour has it that Norway may send an ambassador too.

Meanwhile, I'll btt this from time to time.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you again and some new faces too no doubt. If you are a newbie, you do get introduced to everyone, so don't feel shy about saying that you want to come.

Excellent!

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I wish I was living in England e-man

• Celia
    Celia

I may go to France this summer. No date set yet. If I fly into London Heathrow, how can I get to Weston super Mare?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If I fly into London Heathrow, how can I get to Weston super Mare?

Just take the M4 West towards Bristol

• Pole
    Pole

Me and my wife would be interested. That'd be our first apostafest (gasp!).

Pole

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Sounds absolutely wonderful Eman! So wonderful....

• Celia
    Celia
    Just take the M4 West towards Bristol

M4 ??? a train ??? from Heathrow ???

Don't know much about Great Britain class....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hire a car and drive down the M4 Motorway (interstate) or get a train to Reading and then from Reading direct to Western Supermare

• Englishman
    Englishman

M4 = Motorway 4, motorways are the equivalent to an Interstate.

Train..well it runs on rails!

Heathrow = Londons main airport.

Englishman.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sounds delightful, Englishman. Bit of a swim for me though... <sigh>

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit