2005 Barbecue Is Definitely On!

by Englishman 276 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

So far we have 38 ex-dubs who say they are coming.

Stay tuned!

Englishman.

• morty
    morty

hey Mike,

Could you please tell me how far Newcastle is from your place?? Is it in bus/taxi distance to the fest??

If I can get there through this transportaion, there is a possablity hubby and I could be there. You see, I think I have him convinced to get on a plane ( he has never been on one before) and all my family are there ( Newcastle). We planned on going over this year, so if the fest is around or close to where we are planning on staying, we can book our flight for the fest time....

What is the fest date again??

Morty of the Canadian class

• sleepy
    sleepy

"Could you please tell me how far Newcastle is from your place?? Is it in bus/taxi distance to the fest??" As long as you consider £300 ok for a taxi ride you should be ok. Actually Newcastle is quite far away (relatively speaking) about 300 miles.

• morty
    morty

Thanks Sleepy.... I guess swimming is out of the question then....

So, what would be the best way to get there then?? Is there a train service??

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Its not very easy to get to Weston-Super-Mare by train. You'd need to get a train from Newcastle to London Kings Cross which is 3hours 10 minutes and be better travelling on Thursday if you are on a budget as tickets more expensive on a Friday than any other day. Then from London you need to get a train to Bristol, which takes 1hour 45 minutes. Then another train from Bristol to Weston-Super-Mare which is another 30 minutes. Because the connections may not be at the right times you'd proibably have to think about doing the journey over two days. Stay in London perhaps for a night and then carry on to Bristol the next day.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Please all foreigners note you must book trains in advance (a least a week) in good old Britian otherwize you are going to get well ripped. You can pay up to 5 times as much if you buy a ticket on the day of travel.

• Englishman
    Englishman

It's far cheaper by bus.

Newcastle to Bristol takes around 8 hours. http://www.nationalexpress.com/home/hp.cfm

Englishman.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Guess what Easyjet will fly you from Newcastle to Bristol and that is derfinitely the quickest way. Flight takes just over an hour and can cost as little as £65 return. www.easyjet.com. Then you just have a half hour train journey to BBQ land. You won;t see as much of Britian travelling this way but its by far the quickest. 8 hours by bus is utterly miserable and you travel mainly on motorways so you can't see any countryside anyway. You must prebook the flight though.

Good luck! and bon voyage

• sleepy
    sleepy

Isn't it mad that flying in Britain is cheaper than the train. Cardiff to Glasgow on the train is over £130 yet you can fly for about £30.You can fly to Spain for less than it cost to tack a train to London.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

And you are more likely to get derailed on a train and die than you are to be involved in an accident flying. And the food is cheaper on planes than trains. Our trains are just pants to be honest unless you can afford first class!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit