Special meeting March 7

by Samuel Thorsen 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They'd more likely wait until the Summer conventions for any half-serious lierature release (coz they're running out of things to write), so I suspect that's not it.

It'll just be the same old, same old...

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember when the Organized book was released in 1983 during a Sunday meeting. I remember the announcement creating anticipation. Many thought it would be an announcement that the great tribulation had started and that it was time to hunker down in the "interior rooms" the kingdom halls while God's denunciation came to the earth. Of course, that disregarded those that were ill, in hospitals, in nursing homes, or shared a KH and had their meetings on alternate nights.

I'm sure the same thinking is going on at the KHs now.

Blondie

• Puternut
    Puternut

Been there done that. Invite all your studies, friends and family. Make a special day out of it, after all there is something 'special' happening and it's HUGE.

Then you arrive at the meeting early for the best seat, Brother Unprepared gives the most boring delivery, you nod off. And there are no new ideas or prophecies offered. But you keep thinking it was 'special' after all it's a new outline... that can't be used again. Perhaps a tract instead?

It was special because the meeting attendance was up, and now we have lots of work to do. Preach some more please, increase your field service, why not perhaps auxilary pioneer even? After all we had a 'special' meeting.........

Puternut

• undercover
    undercover
    Some new information is going to be released, and its very very secret indeed. We are not supposed to tell anyone what we heard at this meeting to the ones who have the meeting later the same week.

Uh, yea, right. Is that like not making rooming reservations for the conventions until the next business morning? And we all ran out to our cars and made phone calls as soon as the meeting was over?

If this "new information" was so all-fired important why are they waiting till March to announce it? Why not now?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Samuel.

They have been doing this as far back as I can remember. Everyone get's excited and speculates and thinks 'this is it, we're all going to be asked to head for the bomb shelter, cuz the end is coming next week'.

They usually announce another inane doctrinal change which is only a big deal in their own minds, tout it as the most newsworthy item in the universe, and congratulate themselves on another deep spiritual truth revealed. Oh, and what the others said, maybe they'll release something else for you to sell door-to-door.

I wouldn't get my panties in a twist over it.

Jean

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(Hands on my hips now, and waggling my finger....)

WELL! What a cynical bunch of ingrates! Won't YOU be surprised when it really IS a BIG deal looming on the horizon!.....and you SCOFF!

I need to go lay down now.....I don't know *what* came over me!!!!!!

Annie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Jehovah's gossipers,

Well, I'm sworn to secrecy of course, but I'll just tell you, it could possibly involve another wonderful opportunity to encourge one another to sell more watchtower literature spread the goodnews.

hush hush folks, ..you never heard it from me, unclebruce

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

(Hands on my hips now, and waggling my finger....)

WELL! What a cynical bunch of ingrates! Won't YOU be surprised when it really IS a BIG deal looming on the horizon!.....and you SCOFF!

I need to go lay down now.....I don't know *what* came over me!!!!!!

Annie

HHHRrrrrmmmphhhhhhh!!!!!!

Foiled again. Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer till I get to pet some lions and tigers and move into my neighbor's million dollar mansion.

After armageddon, they won't be needing it........

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

maybe a flash of light made them see that another one of their doctrines needed to be changed to be more like the rest of christendom. maybe we'll be told that jesus actually did die on a cross. or that the 144,000 is actually 144,000,000!! hey makes sense considering the memorial is due another month after

bethel

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Samuel,

The best possible news the publishers could get at this March meeting is that the modern Eli, the Governing Body, has fallen backwards off his seat beside the city gate. And their daughter-in-law, the Corporate officers, have bowed low in birth pains declaring, "Glory has gone away from the Society into exile." Then and only then will I be happy.

Jeff, Sabrina's husband

(first and last post here)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit