Special meeting March 7

by Samuel Thorsen 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    Foiled again. Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer till I get to pet some lions and tigers and move into my neighbor's million dollar mansion.

I got dibs on Hug Heffner's pad!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I remember in 1995 when they had a tract that had to be delivered to every household in the world.What a buzz that generated and one brother saying how this could be the last tract campaign we'd have before the end.

Always something to make you believe the GB have special knowledge that jehovah delivers directly to them in Brooklyn.And it's amazing how many people believe that...I used to be one of them.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I just have to laugh that we apostates know more about what's going on at the KH and show more interest in new releases and special meetings than the RnF.

Jeff said:

The best possible news the publishers could get at this March meeting is that the modern Eli, the Governing Body, has fallen backwards off his seat beside the city gate. And their daughter-in-law, the Corporate officers, have bowed low in birth pains declaring, "Glory has gone away from the Society into exile." Then and only then will I be happy.
    Jeff, Sabrina's husband

(first and last post here)

Wanna bet? Once you have tasted the sinful fruits of posting at JWD, you cannot refuse the tempation to post again and again. Very soon you will have created your own alias, along with a snappy avatar. I give you 3 months before you're a Jedi.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Does anyone know the answer to Gill’s question about this possibly being the same meeting that some have said will happen on March 20t? March 7 th is on a Monday (extra meeting) while March 20 th is on a Sunday.

FM

• Pole
    Pole

xjw_b12,

I just have to laugh that we apostates know more about what's going on at the KH and show more interest in new releases and special meetings than the RnF.

Exactly my thoughts. The average JW knows much less about the inner workings of the WTS than a JWD newbie . And all their emphasis on the secrecy.... Secrecy my ass. We're gonna know the details of the meeting on the very next day.

Pole

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Gosh I sure hope that it's an announcement that they're cutting drastically the number of meetings and the duration times of such meetings. Or...

That instead of 3 assemblies per year, now there'll be just one, a 2-day sometime during the summer weekends. Or...

That we won't be turning in a service time record. Or...

The complete overhaul and reform of the disfellowshipping policy. Or...

Better stop with my dreams for now.

DY

• undercover
    undercover
    Gosh I sure hope that it's an announcement that they're cutting drastically the number of meetings and the duration times of such meetings. Or...

That instead of 3 assemblies per year, now there'll be just one, a 2-day sometime during the summer weekends. Or...

If anything they'll add meetings per week. Keep em busy so that don't have time to search on the Internet or watch televisions news shows, go to movies, go to bars and clubs, go to concerts etc.

Think about it. You've got this big ole building that holds 150 people and you're only using it to it's capacity two nights a week and one weekend day. Why not get the most use out of that real estate? Fill it up every night, make more money from contributions, drop some more guilt and fear on the group, keep em too busy to even think about anything else.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Does "special" have the same meaning in this context as it does in relation to mental handicaps?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I swear, man, if it is another one of their literature distribution campaign, I'm not participating in it at all. I'm fed up with it already!!!

DY

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

HMMMM- when someone does know what this meeting is all about - please tell us!!! My curiousity is killing me!!!! :)))) sugarbritches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit