Special meeting March 7

by Samuel Thorsen 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

My mother told me today that its going to be held a special meeting in all congregations worldwide at March 7.

Some new information is going to be released, and its very very secret indeed. We are not supposed to tell anyone what we heard at this meeting to the ones who have the meeting later the same week. (Exactly as it was11-12 years ago when the litterature was going to be supported by volunteere contributions.)

Does anyone know what its about this time?

Sam

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If it's not the annual "Special Talk" then it could be another "Kingdom News" tract, or something similarly banal.
    Some seem to think it's got something to do with reducing the numbers of "Awake!" being produced, to make it a monthly feature

• Gill
    Gill

Hi there! Is this the same as the 20th March special meeting, or have I got my wires crossed?

• franklin J
    franklin J

no doubt they will say how much closer we are to the time of the end....the preaching work must be increased.....

....it is all the same old message from 20 years ago....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome Samuel!

**Some new information is going to be released, and its very very secret indeed. We are not supposed to tell anyone what we heard at this meeting to the ones who have the meeting later the same week.

(YAWN)

How tired is *this* getting? In my 30 years, I eagerly awaited these "secret things" and was always disappointed.

This sounds like just another cheap attempt to make JWs take an interest in something other than how exhausted they are; another attempt to anicipate "is THIS IT?"...and be let down once again (all the while being told that this is a blessing from Jah and aren't they privileged, etc)

Annie........of the "don't hold yer breath class" any more

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sam,

(Exactly as it was11-12 years ago when the litterature was going to be supported by volunteere contributions.)Does anyone know what its about this time?

Maybe they are going back to the old way of making the publishers pay for the literature??

• Raphael
    Raphael

some congregations will have there meeting 7 March others 20 March...and indications are it is tied in with a new release...

"There is nothing new under the sun"

I think a few individuals (no names mentioned) are trying to wind everyone up !

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

In the Universe of the anti-climax, the WTS rule supreme.

HS

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

"New Light" coming up!!!

DY

• Honesty
    Honesty

Too bad the dubs didn't know any Greek when they distorted translated the NWT Bible. If they had just an elementary grasp of the language they'd be frantic to get the Good News of the WT Paradise preached considering "how deep in the end of this system we now are."

When Jesus sent His followers to "make disciples of all nations," the word He used did not refer to the geo-political nations we know as countries on our maps. He used the phrase ta ethne, referring to ethnolinguistic people groups with their own combinations of languages and cultures.

Since almost 11,000 distinct people groups live in our world, each with its own mix of culture, language and ethnicity and the dubs report a little over 200 country groups being reached with their 'brand' of 'restored true worship' they had better be putting it in high gear if they want to catch up with the missionaries of Christendom who have been spreading the Good News of the Kingdom that Jesus came to the earth in the form of man to save the world for over two centuries.

**** WTBTS you are being put on notice that the material in this post is copyrighted and if you steal it, uhhh... get some 'new light' on the subject and plagiarize it as you are so fond of doing I will sue your asses off all the way to the United States Supreme Court and beyond, if the opportunity arises. ****

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit