Vigil for my daughter, please.

by outnfree 117 Replies latest watchtower medical

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Update: Lena is out of surgery and doing well. The surgery went very well, and all looks good. Brenda is staying overnight at the hospital with her, but I am sure will update everyone with details tomorrow!

• jeanniebeanz
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Petty, thx for the update, THAT is great news.

Brummie

• Fleur
    Fleur

thanks petty, thinking of you brenda and lena!!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

SO terrific to hear the wonderful news! All my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

hugs,

Annie

• prophecor
    prophecor

BY A

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Cool ... thanks PettyG ... waiting for the next news and wish her a quick recovery !!! ...

• Dansk
    Dansk

((((((((( BRENDA & LENA )))))))))

All our love,

Ian & Claire

XX
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks for the update.
    I continue in prayer...

• outnfree
    outnfree

G'day, everyone! And it IS a very good day. Thanks, Rhonda, for posting that brief update last night. I wanted to phone you to ask you to do that, but I was bone-tired and no cell phones were allowed to be on up in ICU.

Lena came through with flying colors!!! I firmly believe that it is as a result of all the prayers/energy/thoughts/support/love/empathy/compassion brought to the situation by my friends here on the forum and Lena's friends and our family as well. The doctor was on his feet operating on my baby for almost 9 hours (instead of the 6-7 expected). But she is alert and, aside from a headache and nausea (nowhere near what she had when all this first started, however), seems to be neurologically sound. Speech was not likely to be affected because she is left-handed and the lesion was on the left side of her brain, thus speech would develop in her right brain. But, it truly seems to me (<<-- not a doctor, of course) that she has ALL her wits about her. And physically there is no numbing, weakness, drooping muscles, etc. in any of her extremities. She had an arterial line in her left arm that was bugging her bigtime, very sore, but that was removed this morning.

She will be transferred from ICU to a regular room sometime today, as all her vitals are fine. She had a slight fever upon leaving OR, but it has slowly gone down overnight.

I barely slept and am almost afraid to drive myself home, but I have an appointment at 11:00 AM, and so I will wait until rush hour is over and be very careful. Lena's dad will come to take over bedside support duties. :)

We called on the Source and Lena's guardian angels for protection and support for the neurosurgeon and feel our prayers were answered. The neurosurgeon who assisted marveled at Dr. G's skill and stamina. Apparently the lesion was waaaaaay larger and deeper than they had thought and in a very tricky location too. We cannot be more pleased with the outcome! << INSERT BIGGEST SIGH OF RELIEF IN MY LIFE THUS FAR HERE>>

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Will write more tonight from home.

Love, out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit