Vigil for my daughter, please.

by outnfree 117 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mulan
    Mulan

Brenda, so glad things are going well. Keep us updated as you can.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I haven't been on the forum much of late, but was sad to hear about your child having to have such major surgery. But I read through all the postings and am so happy that all went so well for you all!! Someone is watching over you I am sure! Plus all the good "karma" generated through the thoughts of so many on this forum. All our best wishes to you all and keep your chin up. Big hug to you...Cathy L. (Is that a hug? I hope so!!)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great!

Hugs to you and best wishes to Lena for a swift and complete recovery.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Good news always goes down well.

Love and best wishes from me.

Eyeslice

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello, everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. Lena DID come home that Friday and things have been incredibly busy here. Many of her friends came home last weekend to see the recovering wunderkind, and all this month relatives will be visiting from out of state. She is doing GREAT!!!! We have a follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon tomorrow when the staples will be removed (ouch!!!!). She says she's more fearful of the staple removal than of the actual surgery -- at least she was unconscious during surgery! She is healthy and happy and whole! Which I attribute to the power of goodwill generated towards her and the surgeon by so many, as well as by the surgeon's skill.

I had to drop two classes completely and am taking an "Incomplete" on Intermediate French Conversation, but will be allowed to take the Advanced French Conversation for which the Intermediate was a prerequisite due to the circumstances. I'll just be called upon to give TWO oral presentations, one of which will be my final in Intermediate Conversation. (It's times like these when I can magnanimously "bless" the Theocratic Ministry School--and my prior career in Public Relations.) It was very nice of the profs to work with me.

If the doctor clears her for work after the end of this month, Lena will try to find a part-time job. And then she'll take some courses at the local university this summer which will transfer to her school.

I'll give a health update Tuesday after the follow-up appointment. Thanks for caring.

out

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Very, very good news.

I am so pleased to hear a good report from you.

My dad had brain surgery about 20 years ago. He came through great and I know medicine has improved so much since then.

I bet there are lots of hugs at your house...!!

Aude.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm glad to see that your Lena is doing so well! Sounds like things are pretty much going back on track for both of you.

hugs to you both,

Annie

• Xandria
    Xandria

Glad to hear she is doing so well!

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit