Vigil for my daughter, please.

by outnfree 117 Replies latest watchtower medical

• melmac
    melmac

Our good thoughts to you!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Potentially Lena has been under for two and a half hours...

...bated breath, here.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Saying a prayer for your daughter right now. Best wishes.

Jean

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

Sending prayers and positive thoughts that your daughter's surgery goes well.

I will keep you both in my thoughts. Please update when you can!

(((Brenda)))

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

((((Brenda and Lena))))

I didn't see this until just now (11:10 AM) so this is a bit late, but heartfelt. I'm sure that things are going smoothly and we'll hear only the best report. Love to you both,

Annie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Here's the update:

Lena is still in surgery. She had very good spirits going in, right up until they sedated her. Surgery didn't begin until about 9:50 AM EST, and the surgical nurse phoned the waiting room a little while ago to let us know that she is doing fine, but they still have quite a bit of work to do. I take that to mean that she won't be done by 4 PM or even 5 PM.

Frankly, my nerves are just about shot. I was doing well until about 2:30 PM. They had said they'd update us by 2 PM and every time the waiting room phone rang I was jumping out of my skin. Finally, I went to the chapel with a calming desert music CD and tried to ground myself. I only partially succeeded.

Thankfully, I have Jann as a friend locally, and she helped me allow myself to experience my fears and tears. I also took a walk outdoors, which was very calming. I was making my way back to the waiting room when I noticed that the Library here only has hours until 4:30 PM, so I thought I should update all of you who have been so kind with your time, posts, and prayers today and these past few weeks.

Please keep up the vigil. I am actually very optimistic, but with all the other stuff going on in my life right now, my nerves are frazzled. It helped for me to send out love to Lena from the chapel, so perhaps I'll do that again before rejoining the rest of my family. Her best friend's Mom is here and also two friends from grade school (who are now boyfriend and girlfriend).

It was so wonderful to read your expressions of love and support. My heart is full.

Love,

Brenda

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We're there with you Brenda.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks for the update (((((Brenda)))))

We're all sticking together with you.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My prayers for your daughter.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Lena,

Wishing you the best for all to work out well, and for a speedy recovery!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit