Why I am leaving JWD

by logansrun 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Good luck. Be cool.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Oh, I'll respond to this thread at least. (And this thread only....for today!)

No, no, no...I have not reached "closure" in this "recovery" process. There is no closure. Once you accept the fact that there is no closure, you will come as close to reaching "closure" as you possibly can; you'll stop trying (as I feel many here are) to reach some "closure" that will never come. Once you realize there is no salvation you will, in a sense, reach salvation. Life is a process and it is our damn Western Platonic-Christian hang-ups that plague our thoughts to think that there is a sharp distinction between "sick" and "healthy." It's all a continuum. Grey.

Everyone -- everyone, dammit -- is in a "recovery" process -- the entire human race! Whether it's drugs, or divorce, or poverty, or depression, or...every single human being is recovering from something. We think, as individuals, that we're special. You are not special. Nor I.

Bradley

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Brad,

You can check out anytime you like, but you can neeeeever leave. (Apologies to the Eagles)

The JWD Vortex will draw you back in. It exerts its gravitational pull hardest on those that leave farewell posts.

Best of luck to ya.

• upside/down
    upside/down

lr- I've leveled the same b*tch!

Agreed- Remember you're UNIQUE- just like everyone else! LOL

u/d High Five

• simplesally
    simplesally

Good luck to you! But I beg to differ.......I think everyone should be viewed as special. Many people's problems stem from not enough good self esteem......and other's problems from being ego-centric. It's a balancing act. But you're right, everyone on this planet is going thru something.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

no one is special-----------finally I agree with you.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{{{ Bradley }}}}} You are so right-on, dude.

To paraphrase Buddhist philosophy: Life is suffering. Our responsibility, if we choose to accept it, is to transcend this suffering. Transcendence is personal and total transcendence is unattainable while in this life. A conundrum.

Hugs on your journey. I feel blessed that our paths have crossed.

Bren

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I'm happy that you are content and do not have bitter feelings toward the JW's. I do believe that most on this forum experienced different degrees of treatment at the hands of Elders and others, so it's safe to say they're not going to be as unbiased as you. Also the Witnesses are the ones that set the bar on good and evil, false prophecy is considered evil according to the bible and a sign of the times. Their false prophecies and "new light" changed the lifes of many and not in a good way. I agree that my childhood wasn't ruined by being a witness, I'm actually glad that we had that structure. We all managed to stay out of trouble. I think my saving grace was that my dad wasn't a Witness so we had a balance, my mom wasn't horribly strict or judgemental but a sincere young mom trying to raise 5 children in a strict religion as best she could. I knew ridiculously strict Witnesses where the kids were Stepford Children, many didn't remain witnesses or led double lifes. Some weren't allowed to hang out with us because we were like half breed witnesses with having an unbelieving father. My mom managed to have 4 out of 5 that remained Witnesses, me being the one that didn't. Good luck with your education and your life.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I posted a similar message a few years ago on a different support board. I had just spent the previous 6 plus years on my degree while working a full time job. I also spent a lot of time surfing the net for school and chatting with my friends on the board. One day shortly after graduation I was on the computer surfing and posting. I took a break and stepped outside. Blue sky and sunshine, temp in the mid 70's...one of those really nice days that are not to be taken for granted in northern Minnesota and I was sitting inside surfing. I decided to take a deserved break from the virtual world and get out into the real world. I posted one last message at the X-JW Support Board, emailed some friends, notified my ISP to cancel my membership, and dismantled my computer which ended up in the basement where it still sits untouched. I recently bought my current computer and got back on-line and of course I am drawn to people who share similar pasts which is why I am here. However, if my real world suffers because of the virtual world, I will pull the plug once again. Enjoy your school Logansrun, and don't forget to water that plant.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Looking for "good" in the WT, is an excercize in mental masturbation at best, imo. And it is certainly not "just letting go".

Perhaps you're only trying to state the obvious; the glass is never half full, nor half empty, it is instead whatever exact ratio of liquid to capacity that carefull measurement would show, if one could measure such things. The closer we can get to viewing and accepting that reality, the more sane we can be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit