Why I am leaving JWD

by logansrun 66 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    On the other hand, isn't that knowledge itself knowledge? Understanding that neither you or anyone else has The Answer is probably as close as one can come to that which you cannot get.

Bradley

Bradley, you think too much! Now go out and have some fun, live, learn and listen, life happens.

Hugs!

Kate

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    Bradley, you think too much! Now go out and have some fun, live, learn and listen, life happens.

I agree.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wishing you all the best. Good luck! :) Come back and say "Hi" to JWD when you get the chance.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i think for some of us it's not necessarily anger (well maybe it is in to some degrees) as much as a frustration. no, my life as a witness was not 'all that bad'. however, my family life growing up would've been a hundred times better if we'd never been JW's. i don't think it's fair to tell me to "look for the good" in an organization that directly caused me to lose 15 years with my sister. you make a valid point that there are good witnesses and i firmly believe that. i agree that there are some who actually believe that what they think is right and they live their lives accordingly. the only good i draw from the WBTS is that we were raised well with good morals, but i have to believe that my parents would've raised us that way regardless.

by dwelling on the past and things that you cannot change, it makes it very hard to move on to the future. in the past few years, my mother has been famous for telling me that "my life isn't bad; it just didn't turn out the way i wanted." some days it takes alot of effort to fight that attitude, but it's well worth it.

• teejay
    teejay
    I continue to hold to the suspicion that most ex-JWs do not manage their thoughts and emotions with regard the WTS fairly or rationally. ? logansrun

All I'll say is... it's more than just a suspicion.

I can't blame them, of course. Everyone's path within and without of the Watchtower Society is different, as each person is different. What you and I may have found temporarily enjoyable others no doubt found torturous. They have a right to their feelings, which are never "wrong."

It's what we do with those feelings that separates our disparate paths. Who's to say their's is "wrong"? Not me.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Best wishes in all you do. Take care. Drop in when you can.

• Valis
    Valis

Perhaps Brad your issue is more with the way people express themselves than anything. You say there is no such thing as normal, yet talking about one's experiences in JWland is supposed to be done is a formulaic, "normal", logical manner? To me it would not be normal if people didn't vent and say the abused wife or the sexually molested child went on talking about how wonderful it was for them to be a Jehovah's Witness. Many times the iconoclast, as you describe yourself, ignores and in many cases minimizes what people are really trying to say. You can reduce the absurd to it's most logical parts and it is stull just that, absurd. That is why I believe helping people deal with issues is more important than picking apart how they express those issues per se. BTW, sorry for the irritable post in the other thread today. I was being rude and I apologize. Take care of yourself and do awesome this semester.

Don't forget to look for scholarships here.. www.fastweb.com

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Bradley, I hope I haven't offended you Sat and chased you off!

If you felt left out, I promise I'll grab your ass next time I see you

You're a beautiful soul Bradley, but I have to agree with the "analyze to paralyze" comment.

I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Feel free to call me anytime you wanna talk or hang out

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Just today I had a conversation, I won't say with whom, but needless to say they said I had been very negative lately and carrying a lot of baggage around with me. That obsessing about the JWs being wrong was obsessive and that the JW religion controlled me more today than it did 10 years ago.

I had actually been doing fine and recently looked into all of this, and I have to admit have become hooked, addicted, and obsessed. So, I understand your wanting to focus on school and building your mind. I realized today that my preaching to my mom, my obsessing about how "wrong" their "truth" is, turns out to equal exactly what they do, trying to convert non-believers. From this point forward I realize I have to respect my mom's religion and not find fault with it anymore, I have to respect her choices and I will request be given to mine. Which means I will refrain from discussion scriptures, philosophy, JWs, etc with her. It isn't productive for myself.

I applaud the time you have spent here, that you have chosen to educate yourself on the subject, and are continuing your education in other areas. Good luck to you!

Pink

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I've often said that the more I know, the less I know. .....isn't that knowledge itself knowledge?

Bradley, someday, when you're older this will go from being just knowledge ... to wisdom.

Hugs

Brenda (the wise-ass)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit