My stupid president

by onacruse 79 Replies latest members politics

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    But he has a 52% approval rating overall.

Before the election, I was in a line, and overheard some one tell someone else that they are a one issue voter. I asked the person what their issue was, (having already guessed). They were pro-life. I wonder what percentage of the 52% that elected him were one issue voters?

To me, it is frightening that a person will make a decision of such national and world consequence based on a single issue.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What got me is he said (deer in headlights look, again) that he had said some things in the past 4 years he should not have. He did not apologize. He just said he'd be more careful now....

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

And yet in all of this somehow I still find Bush more likable than Kerry. Why is that? What was it about Kerry that just didn't connect with enough people?

Ted Williams should not be questioned.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Brenda, it disturbs me too, that Bush has not nor will not admit errors have been made.

The FrontLine documentary was an eye opener. It really brings home Bob Dylan's saying 'Religion is the last refuge to rinse a scoundrel clean, steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king'. As far as I am concerned, we are now a 'Corporatocracy', and Bush and his Gang of Four are the figureheads.

Now, I will stick to safer topics, like sex and religion.

• yesidid
    yesidid

For the current president the headline is flattery.

• onacruse
    onacruse

gypsy:

I don't care for the name calling in the title of this thread. I would not call Kerry or Bush "stupid", it demeans us all.

Stupid is as stupid does. Is it wrong to label attitudes and actions with the appropriate verbal description?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

bikerchic....Here ya go! :)

SHOW: GOOD MORNING AMERICA (07:00 AM ET) - ABC January 14, 2005 Friday

LENGTH: 1059 words

HEADLINE: THE FIRST COUPLE 20 / 20 PREVIEW

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) You also talked to him about something that's happened just in the last week, which is the tsunami. I mentioned it at the beginning. But you did it in an interesting way 'cause you talked about it in relation to religion and God's wrath.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Well, you know, the President talks a great deal about his own faith. He -he's, in our interview he talked also about the fact that he thought no President could be truly effective without faith. So, we asked him about some of the questions about the tragedy that just happened. You'll see.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Okay.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) I want to ask about this terrible tragedy, the tsunami.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

Yeah.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) I ask you this as a man of faith.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

Sure.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Because we have given enormous aid, we've given financial aid, military aid, but there now is this philosophical question about whether this is God's wrath.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

Yeah.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Not just on the people who have suffered so tragically, but on all of us. So, how do you resolve this?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

I, I resolve the tsunami crisis as, in my mind, as a duty for wealthier nations to respond to help. And I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth. I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God. We're, we are, we are, in no way, shape, or form should a human being play God.
    CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Hmm. Interesting.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Mm hmm.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Interesting the way he does that.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Because we have given enormous aid, we've given financial aid, military aid, but there now is this philosophical question about whether this is God's wrath.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

Yeah.

BARBARA WALTERS

(Off Camera) Not just on the people who have suffered so tragically, but on all of us. So, how do you resolve this?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH
    I, I resolve the tsunami crisis as, in my mind, as a duty for wealthier nations to respond to help. And I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth. I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God. We're, we are, we are, in no way, shape, or form should a human being play God.

That was it? O M G- Well, this has been an interesting conversation taken out of context. Look at what he said. "We should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God" "We're we are, we are , in no way, shape, or form should a human being play God"

I don't even see the Craig's initial "no one should question God" in what he said.

It's amazing to me that if you do not like a person how their words are twisted to that reality in one's own mind.

If this is the true transcript of what he said and Craig's perception of it was that what he said was "no one should question God" then it shows how things are sifted through our own belief systems, IMO.

But then we are all able to view things the way we want to eh? Just as long as we realize it's our own viewpoint and no more than that.

• AloneinOh
  • under74
    under74

XENAWARRIOR-

I'm referring to him putting forth an amendment to ban gay marraige. he's says it's because he believes marraige is meant for a man and a woman. If it's not to uphold biblical law then what's the point? It can't be for population growth because we're overpopulated as it is.

I hope not but their all crazy so I wouldn't put it past them.

The problem is that he's trying to change laws or speaking of it based on his own set of religious beliefs.

NEWSWEEK March 10, 2003 issue

"...on the first anniversary of Sept. 11. He talked about how America stands as a beacon of light to the world, and the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. Well, that's in the Gospel of John. But the light there is the word of God, and the light of Christ, not the beacon of American freedom. So hymns are being altered and put in a different context. I think what you see now is more an American civil religion than evangelical biblical faith.

? That's bad theology. It confuses American civil religion and biblical faith. It confuses church and nation. It confuses God's purposes with the best interests for American foreign policy, so there's a confusion here. It's bad theology and bad foreign policy at the same time. "

Here are some quotes from Bush-

US News Online, George W. Bush: Running on His Faith

Speech on "The True Goal of Education," Gorham, New Hampshire, November 2, 1999

Interview with the Baptist Press, the national news service of the Southern Baptist Convention, August 31, 2000

Bush: The battle has not been lost. The battle for life begins with changing the culture.

From "God and the Governor," Charisma Magazine interview, August 29, 2000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit