My stupid president

by onacruse 79 Replies latest members politics

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    "No one should question God."

My next question would be, So which "God" do we not question, the Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddist? Do you personally talk to him?

Will

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Bush said noone should question god. He also said that god put him into office, and that god told him to smack down iraq. Isn't that right?

It appears that Bush did say that no one should question God. Craig didn't post the actual words so we don't even know what the context was. You haven't answered though- how does this require anything of you? Because he said this, do you now feel pressured in some way to not question God? It doesn't require you do do anything or feel in any way and if you do -it is your choice and not GW responsibility.

As far as whether he said that god put him into office or told him to smack down iraq- I don't know whether he said either of those things and I'd have to see it in context. It really doesn't matter to me if he feels that God chose him for public office. That's his reality and it certainly didn't get anyone to vote for him. If he believes that God wanted him to "smack down Iraq" - do you believe that is why we are in Iraq now? The President cannot take us into war. It has to be voted on by Congress and then wouldn't they all be just as nuts as you are saying Bush is if "God said so to GW" is the reason for it?

• under74
    under74

" It has to be voted on by Congress and then wouldn't they all be just as nuts as you are saying Bush is if "God said so to GW" is the reason for it?"

YES, I think they're all crazy bastards.

• Simon
    Simon
    "No one should question God."

Why? Because he has shit for brains and can't answer anything?

How very, very pathetic but sadly typical of the christian "brain turned off" right.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    As President he has to uphold the seperation of church and state. Make it clear that in his professional life he is a nationalist before an evangelical. I could care less what he practices in his own time or personal life.

He has done that. Where has there been a problem with GW and the separation of church and state?

He has also said that his religious beliefs are part of who he is and he's being honest about that. He talks about how his beliefs guide him and how prayer sustains him but he's not making public policy decisions based on his religion and he's been very clear on that. He has also had to answer about his religion over and over again, bringing it out in the public- not of his own volition but in response to someone else having a question or having a problem with it. If no one was talking about it all the time his religion wouldn't seem like it's a bigger deal than it is.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yep Craig, it's disturbing but not surprising.

• Xena
    Xena

Maybe because he is such a controversial president XW people are more sensitive when he makes comments like that. One might think the greater part of discretion would be to temper his comments a bit.....

Although you are right, we don't know the context.

• under74
    under74

Actually, I don't think that's the case. He's an evangelical christian which means he has to spread the word of god. There's a lack of separation when Bush says he wants to amend the constitution to uphold Biblical law. There's a lack of separation when Bush claims other countries are "evil." There's a lack of separation George W. says he couldn't have won his elections without the help of the Christian Coalition and other Christian fundamentalist groups.

But look, I'm not trying to fight about this....have you seen The Jesus Factor? I think whoever made it tried to be unbiased about it. It's really interesting.

• Satanus
    Satanus

XW

how does this require anything of you?

Bush's god ordained path has affected a large number of people and countries. Being in canada, i'm not as affected as americans. However, he has made some aggressive movements toward canada as well. That affects me. You msut be aware that large numbers of americans have already left the country because of bush's ideals in the religious/moral field.

As far as whether he said that god put him into office or told him to smack down iraq- I don't know whether he said either of those things and I'd have to see it in context.

You don't know???

It really doesn't matter to me if he feels that God chose him for public office. That's his reality and it certainly didn't get anyone to vote for him.

He played up to the fundies big time. He got their votes.

If he believes that God wanted him to "smack down Iraq" - do you believe that is why we are in Iraq now?

It has been shown that iraq attack was his agenda early on. All the excuses were just that, excuses. If his belief in god's will was an excuse, a real true belief or self deception, i don't know. His god is fake, anyway. Animal lusts drive him - power, greed.

The President cannot take us into war. It has to be voted on by Congress and then wouldn't they all be just as nuts as you are saying Bush is if "God said so to GW" is the reason for it?

They aren't as nuts as bush, but they are moslty there to keep their heads in the trough. Whatever they need to do to be able to please their funders is what they will do. Trained pigs, most of them, imo.

S

• onacruse
    onacruse

Simon:

How very, very pathetic but sadly typical of the christian "brain turned off" right.

Yes.

XW:

As President he has to uphold the seperation of church and state. Make it clear that in his professional life he is a nationalist before an evangelical. I could care less what he practices in his own time or personal life.

He has done that. Where has there been a problem with GW and the separation of church and state?

For Bush, there is no separation of church and state. He has frequently, and unabashedly, stated, in no uncertain terms, that he is on a mission from (the Biblical) God.

I don't understand how anyone who has watched the the last 4 years of increasing coalition between Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Rice, and the subsequent squeeze-out of Powell (perhaps the only "dove" in the Bush administration), as anything other than an overt statement of Bush's "mission."

And, as a remark to "popularity" of Bush: Over 50% of Americans disapprove of the invasion of Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit