My stupid president

by onacruse 79 Replies latest members politics

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Okay my confession;

Last night in a sleepy haze while watching *dozing* yawn Barbara Walter's special interview with GW on 20/20 I woke up to hear Barbara ask GW if he thought the tsunami was God speaking to mankind or something or another......not exactly the question she asked mind you but you get the picture. GW's reply was; "No one should put words in God's mouth", or something of that nature. It wasn't so much his reply as the "dear in the headlight" looks, his usual fidgeting and stammering but what really got me was how his wife Laura reacted during the time GW was trying to gather composure and a reply......she turned totally sideways to look at him as if to say "don't screw this up!" OMG....that the camera even showed it was priceless, so telling she must thing he's a dimwit too.

I've been trying to locate the transcripts of the show with no luck so far so I could give the actual account as I was really rather sleepy at the time. I've searched all the 20/20 stuff and nothing, I've emailed them but I think they will want me to purchase the transcripts and honestly GW's fumbles just aren't worth the price to me.

I did think this was interesting from the 20/20 Message Board: Reply to topicReply | SearchSearch | Topic ListTopic List altDeist1776 Bush and religion
    Posted: Jan 15, 2005 09:23 AM reply
    3 Posts
    Registered: Jan 15, 2005 09:12 AM Did anyone hear Bush say people shouldn't try to put words in God's mouth? Is there anyway to get a transcript of the "interview". That is exactly what the writers of the Bible, Torah, and Koran all did, they tried to put words in God's mouth!

Bush likes to pretend America was founded as a Christian nation, but he's wrong. The Declaration of Independence only mentions God in a Deistic way, (Deists believe in God as the Creator based on reason and nature, not on "revealations" of men). It never mentions the Bible, Jesus, Moses, etc. The US Constitution doesn't even mention God in a Deistic way.

Bob
    http://www.deism.com Bob's website has been posted here on JWD.

So early this morning in my sleepy stupor I related the show to Craig. Umm note to Craig.......the lights were on but no one was home, sorry honey,but I do like the title of the thread!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I woke up to hear Barbara ask GW if he thought the tsunami was God speaking to mankind or something or another......not exactly the question she asked mind you but you get the picture

So Barbara Walters asks GW a question about what he "thinks", which is specifically a religious question about a natural disaster and he answers it and then there is this big hulabaloo about his answer? IMO, it was a stupid question to begin with!

So she asks him this. It has nothing to do with politics or his presidency. Now his religion is being bantered about once again but the only reason that is, is that she brought it up. It doesn't sound to me as though he was sitting there expounding on something else and brought God into it- he was answering a question directly asked of him about what he thinks. And now people are running around attaching all kinds of things to his answer.

I get that people don't like GW. But I'll say it again. His religion and his beliefs would not be such an issue if others weren't bringing it up all the time and asking him questions that require belief-based answers. So to me, it's hype.

The man has stated on many occasions that people can believe or not believe whatever they want and that was one of the great things about living in the U.S.. He's not pushing his religion on any of us and I think it's a lot of people seeing ghosts under the bed.

GO STEELERS!!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"And, as a remark to "popularity" of Bush: Over 50% of Americans disapprove of the invasion of Iraq."

But he has a 52% approval rating overall.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/login.aspx?ci=14599 read it and weep.

And I find it odd that people don't get flack for saying "I'll let nature handle it" or "It's up to Karma, not me." while Bush is getting flack for saying "You can't question god."

Hey XW, I wonder if some of these people are renting out apartments (Private joke.)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    "No one should question God."
    Maybe he was refering to himself.

Uh...........ya think? Sorry, I know I'm going to get majorly flamed by some here, but, that guy gives me the willies............I sometimes wonder what that passes for thinking is going on behind those close-set, piggy eyes of his...................

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    But he has a 52% approval rating overall.

... yeah you proved something to the entire WORLD !!!

glad that the other side is almost as numerous ... (fwewwwwwwwww !)

• Valis
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Similar to JW's, when Bush says that God shouldn't be questioned, what he's really saying is that God's Word the Holy Bible shouldn't be questioned.

Our fundy president. woohoo

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    I can't begin to imagine Jesus Running for A Public Office and pushing the killing of human beings.

The man who made a whip of ropes and drove the moneychangers out of the temple? Who repeatedly used the threat of hellfire about his enemies? Who promised to come back and smite them? Who condemned the Pharisees to eternal destruction in no uncertain terms? Who prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem in gory detail?

Jesus was no pussy. He stood up for his people and for the right thing.

Besides, as an Evangelical, do you accept Paul and the Revelation? Blood up to the bridles, huh? The slaughter of one third of the earth as a Judgement? Birds devouring the corpses? Plagues? Demons being let loose upon mankind?

You are utilizing dubland's logic and a selective viewpoint of Christ's recorded personality.

CZAR of the "Far More Disturbed By My Democratic Governor Passing the Responsible Utility Consumer's Act Which Allows Gas to Be Turned Off during the Winter" klass

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

xw:

GO STEELERS!!

Now yer talkin!

Steelers survive in stunning fashion

Jeff Reed did what Doug Brien twice couldn't do, and imperfect but still unbeaten rookie Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers saved a season that twice seemed to be gone.

Reed made a 33-yard field goal, and the Steelers somehow beat the resilient Jets 20-17 in overtime.

Roethlisberger overcame two huge interceptions, and the loss will go down as one of the most excruciating in the Jets' star-crossed history, with Brien missing not one but two makable field-goal tries in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter.

• FULL STORY
  • Toot-Toot!

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I don't care for the name calling in the title of this thread. I would not call Kerry or Bush "stupid", it demeans us all.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit