My stupid president

by onacruse 79 Replies latest members politics

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

What bothers me most about Bush is he talks about Christianity too much, much like some of the tv evangelists; They act righteous but act another.

I am part of the Evangelical church and I for one DID NOT vote for him because I don't trust him. Being a Christian means trying to walk in the Footsteps of Christ. I can't begin to imagine Jesus Running for A Public Office and pushing the killing of human beings. My instincts tell me something Stinks with this person.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

You are right Xena- but I think it's hard when you have people who on one hand say that he doesn't talk to the press enough, doesn't get out there enough. Then when he does they pick apart every word he says. And sometimes I wish he'd just shut the hell up!

---------

And as far as "the american public getting nervous with GW" - there are many people who are nervous about GW but do we know what each of their reasons are for that nervousness? Is it all attributable to his religious beliefs?

Actually, I don't think that's the case. He's an evangelical christian which means he has to spread the word of god. There's a lack of separation when Bush says he wants to amend the constitution to uphold Biblical law. There's a lack of separation when Bush claims other countries are "evil." There's a lack of separation George W. says he couldn't have won his elections without the help of the Christian Coalition and other Christian fundamentalist groups.
    So the fact that he's an evangelical christian and that meaning that he has to spread the word of god means that he's actually doing that in office? Do you have proof of this or are you making an assumption because of what the tenets of his religion are. Is this one of the examples of the church and state separation problems that he's created while in office? I don't recall hearing that Bush said that he wants to amend the constitution to uphold Biblical law. Do you have any references to that? And if he did say that- is there a move afoot on his part to actualize that? And do you believe for one moment that he'd be able to get anything like that through Congress? Still no actual separation of church and state problem with that one either. Claiming another country is "evil" is a lack of separation of church and state? How so? GW may have said that he couldn't have won the election without any particular group of people. That certainly isn't proof of a problem with separation of church and state either. The left was just as busy trying to reach the religious group as the right was. Bush was obviously more sucessful in that endeavor. The fact is, polls show that 90% of the US population believes in a God and about 66% claim membership in a church. So it's not unusual that many people who are voting are religious.

But look, I'm not trying to fight about this....
    Not to worry, neither am I- this is a discussion and a pretty calm one as they go in the political spectrum of JWD
  • onacruse
    onacruse

XW:

Not to worry, neither am I- this is a discussion and a pretty calm one as they go in the political spectrum of JWD

Agreed! And this is how I like it.

<---of the hardly ever, ever posts in the Political forum

• freedom96
    freedom96

I believe everyone, including the President, are entitled to their own personal beliefs.

For myself, I would rather have a sitting President who believes in God, and feels he must ultimately answer for his actions, than a President who does not believe in God, and thus feels that he does not have to answer to anyone, ever.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL Craig- but boy when you do........

I think one of the problems is that there is too much talk about it. If people don't want to hear an honest answer to their questions of Bush about his religion-don't ask him! But instead it's question upon question only to have many people say- "wait a minute, that's not what we want to hear" You can't please all of the people all of the time.

He played up to the fundies big time. He got their votes.

Yeah, and the left is mad as hell about it and are scrambling to find a way to reach them next time. Maybe one of the Reverands on the left can help them out with that. Oh wait, they tried. John Kerry even tried to be religious and was attending church services in the south every Sunday there for a while, trying to get both black and religious votes. Problem was, his religiosity wasn't sincere and it showed.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello freedom!

For myself, I would rather have a sitting President who believes in God, and feels he must ultimately answer for his actions, than a President who does not believe in God, and thus feels that he does not have to answer to anyone, ever.

Why?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Craig, I think the title of this thread says it all.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

So you would rather have someone that justifies murder in the name of God/religion? I don't care what he believes as long as they respects all humans, regardless of what belief/religion they may have.

Will

• Leolaia
  • Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

re: thread title: i second that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit