My stupid president

by onacruse 79 Replies latest members politics

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "No one should question God."

Maybe he was refering to himself.

• Satanus
    Satanus

W regard to their religious beliefs, in expressing them, they should wiegh their words very carefully before casting them on the waters. Did bush do this before he uttered them?? If so, then it probably is reason to get nervous. If he didn't, well,,,, that's par for the course.

S

• Xena
    Xena
    And their self-defined "God" blinds them to reality.

How do you know that?

Is this perhaps about our own issues with religion?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    There is a big difference between somebody on the street saying something and a president saying something. Let's say, as another example, that he suggested that someone should be dead. A bush believer would carry it out. See the difference?

Satanus, how bout we just stick to what he did say instead of making up some example that suits your viewpoint on it better. He didn't suggest that someone should be dead. What he stated seems to be something he believes and he's entitled to have that belief. The only danger it poses to anyone else is the danger those people might find for it through their own belief system about what it means. That doesn't make that danger real, however.

As Xena asked- why can't he have his personal beliefs just like anyone else?

If he said that he didn't believe in God then folks would conjure up what that means to the world at large based on what they personally attribute to not believing in God.

Seems to me to be much ado about nothing.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Xena:

Should the leader of a country not be allowed to have personal beliefs?

Certainly.

And to what extent should they be allowed to express them before the general public gets nervous?

Before I answer that good question, I ask: do you see the American public getting nervous with GW?

• Satanus
    Satanus

XW

What he said is that noone should question god. God chose him to be pres at this time, god told him to smack down iraq, according to him. Isn't that correct?

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Before I answer that good question, I ask: do you see the American public getting nervous with GW?

The majority - no otherwise they would not have voted for him - DEMOCRACY IS SHIT ISNT IT? - when your candidate is not in power

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Was anyone "afraid" of Jimmy Carter, who spoke of his religious beliefs quite often? There are so many very powerful political figures in history who have/had deep religious beliefs but I don't ever think I've heard so much attention being paid to it before. I guess we've decided in this day and age that it's up to us to decide these things for our leaders and then bitch about our leaders when they want to make decisions about how we live our own lives in various ways. Seems like a real double standard to me. Let the man believe in God if he wishes. He's not telling you that you have to do the same or requiring anything of you in any way because of his belief. He was directly answering a question asked of him. If he hadn't answered it, many would probably complain that he was being evasive or secretive. GEEZ.

Eman, I don't think we've ever had a non-religious President in our country.

• frenchbabyface
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

"No one should question God."
    Maybe he was refering to himself.
    Poztate ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit