Just got back from the 2004-2005 circuit assembly here are a few thoughts.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 106 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Well I guess if the urban legend fails to reappear in any subsequent assemblies, it's a good bet the WTS is viewing this thread saying, "d'oh!"

• Grouper
    Grouper

Thanks Blondie for the WT quote.

PCat, after reflecting on the assembly they did mention the AIDS story here aswell, I remember the shock expressed by the audience.

PCat, I read your first post and I have a few friends (MS, they read the board) who are in your predicament I am in a similar position but I left once and I have no problems with doing it again if I must.

Late

• Earnest
    Earnest
    He said that we were getting thousands of dollars worth of education for free and come to find out this man had been the HEAD MAN AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY.

This account may well be true but without any further detail it is impossible to verify. Oxford University (and Cambridge) differs from other universities in the UK in that it is made up of a number of colleges (36), each college being an institution of learning in its own right. There is a Master of each college who is the "head man" of that college, and a bursar who is "head man" of the students in that college. If the "HEAD MAN" was not exaggerating then I expect he worked as a bursar and was "head man" in that capacity. I certainly doubt that any academic (even JWs) would describe the magazines as being worth thousands of dollars of secular education, although that might be said of the Ministry School and the MS Guidebook.

Earnest

• Honesty
    Honesty

I notice a few brothers... and you sisters also in the audience who don't seem very impressed how important it is to OBEY THE ORGANISATION... NO MATTER WHAT WE MUST OBEY OR ELSE... we'll send out Teletubbies at the next convention.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

well now I know why the attendance at our circuit assemblies has gone from 700+ to about 470.Everybody comes here to get the info so they don't have to go and waste a week-end listening to the same old shit wrapped up in a different package.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah the maggetzines are college level material... I get more info off the back of my breakfast cereral then I ever got from that $hit... It's idiotic! They are so busy patting themselves on the back that can't see that everyone else is laughing at them. If the educational quality is so wonderfull then why are they all janitors? Why don't people have to pay to be in the ministry school? This greedy organization wouldn't give this crap away if anyone would pay... Maybe thats the angle! Maybe they are going to start in with "If you went to college to get this type of education you would pay $350 a symester hour, is your education from jehober worth less? From now on you should contribute $35 per publisher per meeting and remember every meeting is really two meetings so contribute accordingly!"

fringin dicks... hate um, wish they would die

• VM44
    VM44

What is the name of this CO who gave this talk? I want a name! or is this a manuscript talk? If so, this talk HAS to be recorded and preserved for future instruction (HAHAHA) --VM44

• keeshah
    keeshah

"Welcome to the Wonderful World of AIDS"

Ya know... this just REALLY pisses me off. I've been df'd for 15 years now. They were telling another version of this story 18 years ago! Do they really think the "rank and file" are so stupid that they don't remember the "lipstick on the mirror"? I bought it the first time, but obviously, they are lieing when they retell it with different people involved this time.

Also, (since everything they say is the gospel truth - GAG) who's CONFIDENTAL judical commitee did they get this info from? Isn't all the dirty little sins supposed to go into that envelope and never looked at until reinstatement?

Oh, and the "Head of Oxford". Maybe it did happen just like he said. But me thinks the guy was joking... closed the door and busted out laughing at the grade school literature this "brother" was peddling.

• G Money
    G Money

College level reading? If that was really the case, 99% of the witnesses wouldn't understand it as many don't finish high school and college is a rarity. Newspapers are generally written at a 4th grade level.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    The district overseer said that he was visiting with a man at the door and he read some books from the society and that they were college level quality. He said that we were getting thousands of dollars worth of education for free and come to find out this man had been the HEAD MAN AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY.
    (everyone in the audience gasped with excitment at this point)

LOL funny how even the most zombified JWs are desperate for the slightest hint of independant approval. Of course universities are hotbbeds of atheistic humanism and satanic thinking but if someone from a uni says a good word about the watchtower society - that's to be forever lauded (why does this stuff remind me of Germany under the Nazis?).

Next time a JW comes a knocking I'ii tell them that the publications are worth thousands of dollars .. marvellous - do you realise you're getting an education at rock bottom prices and all without submitting essays, learning big words or mind bending sociology exams!?

unclebruce head man at Woolongong University.

PS: Thankyou PaniCAttaCk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit