Just got back from the 2004-2005 circuit assembly here are a few thoughts.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 106 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I couldnt help but notice as soon as I opened the program that during the afternoon symposium there would be a talk entitled Be "Ready to Obey" Organizational Direction it was the 4th talk under the title "Manifesting the wisdom from above in our life" and of course the wisdom from above works through
    an organization that we should be ready to obey!

Holy crap, I smell trouble.

laters

kaykay_mp

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    By the time she got on the plane for home she just couldnt take it anymore she just had to open it right then to see what it was. In the box their was a little coffin with a note in it that said "WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF AIDS" (the whole audience gasped for air!) The talk was about remaining clean and obedience to the organization.

What a bunch of garbage, that is just a varation of an old Urban Legend.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/arizonaaids.htm

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/aidsmary.htm

A guy's friends throw him a 21st birthday party. They get him drunk and then a hotel room and a prostitute for his present. In the morning when this guy wakes up the prostitute is gone. When he goes to the bathroom, written on the mirror with lipstick is:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AIDS!

I can see it now being passed around Jdubs as gospel truth.

Will

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This story is a very popular urban legend in the Spanish JW group. I've even heard other variations of the same story.

Such lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Grouper said:

Locally we were told we must be obident in the small things like not talking to disfellowshipped ones I guess that is a problem and something else that caught my attention was that attending of meetings it is non-negotiable. The CO read from a 1965 WT that stated that if stop going to meetings we are basically DF ourselves from the Cong and that if Armegeddon comes we will die>>>

w65 12/15 p. 751 "We Should Not Neglect the House of Our God" ***
    Not attending the meetings of the congregation is one of the most obvious ways of forsaking and neglecting the "house of our God." If a member of God?s dedicated, baptized household willfully fails to attend, he is virtually disfellowshiping the congregation from himself. Disfellowshiping means the casting of a member out of God?s household; and if one should remain in this disfellowshiped condition till he died, it would mean his everlasting destruction as a person who is rejected by God. Staying away from meetings leads in that very direction.

Is it not surprising that the first push about 1975 and the end of 6,000 years of human history started in 1966?

Proclaimers Book chap. 8 p. 104 Declaring the Good News Without Letup (1942-1975) ***

The Witnesses had long shared the belief that the Thousand Year Reign of Christ would follow after 6,000 years of human history. But when would 6,000 years of human existence end? The book Life Everlasting?In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966, pointed to 1975. Right at the convention, as the brothers examined the contents, the new book triggered much discussion about 1975.
  • Gordy
    Gordy

I don't believe it!

Five years after attending my last assembly and they are still,spouting the same old thing, obey, obey, obey the organisation.

The same old made - up stories, about "experiences on the ministry. The same stories I've heard Mormons tell me.

Do they recycle the outlines for these talks? "Hey, heres one from 1985, we haven't given for a while. No one will notice".

Do they shuffle the articles in the Watchtower around. Just change the wording a bit, sure saves having to think of anything new to write.

"Kingdom Ministy" items 2005...take January from 1985, February from 1983, March from 1990 etc etc.

Group study books..can't be bothered...get them to study the Daniel one again or the Isaiah one, whatever as long as it keep their minds numb.

• Dustin
    Dustin

That just makes me glad I quit. I got yelled at for drinking by the elders all the time. Not much else to do in central Wisconsin.

Dustin

• metatron
    metatron

Their "say anything" tactics are continuing - and possibly growing. They've have little concern over accuracy

and honesty in favor of anything that Witnesses are dumb enough to believe.

I really wonder how far they will go in freely lying and inventing stories for Witness consumption.

metatron

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

same old bull shit. I have heard this crap that if you just read the awake and watchtower, in 3 years you have the equivlant of a 4 year collage degree. total bull shit. wives tales. myth. If this is true, then I have masters from reading cracked and mad mags.

the same old mind control. dont look at the man behind the curtin, keep close to the org. the end is soo close. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

the only thing that you can accomplish by going to a meeting or assembly is killing brain cells. I can do that with beer and enjoy it a whole hell of a lot more.

It is all designed to keep their people form questioning them, dont get involved in the world, translating" dont have a life"

Dont get involved in the internet. translating" we cant answer the questions you will have if you educuate your self.

Dont wear low cut blouses, you sisters you keep the hem lines going up and v necks coming down. you have nice bodys and you should show them,

the old shits at the gov body have never seen a vagina, if they had they would not want to be a gov body member. let them suffer. the old ass holes, I hope they rot.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

right on kilroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    The district overseer said that he was visiting with a man at the door and he read some books from the society and that they were college level quality. He said that we were getting thousands of dollars worth of education for free and come to find out this man had been the HEAD MAN AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY.
    (everyone in the audience gasped with excitment at this point)

first of all, just because some stranger tells you something doesn't mean it's true. second of all, there was actually a mass gasp? how funny...

i find it extremely hard to believe that a man with his credentials would make such an idiotic statement. and if that's true, why don't they get it down in print where everyone can see it? 'cause it's a lie, that's why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit