Is anyone on this forum disfellowshipped?

by Kimmee 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

I am not Df'd or Da'd.

My family (what's left of them in the house) have kind of faded out for various reasons. There were a number of things that built up over the years and the trigger events were different for each of us. In my case, I caught an elder in a lie just one time to many. And health problems made the fade easier to accomplish. As I mentioned in another topic, there appears to be some confusion locally about what Congo. I am even supposed to be in, so nobody's bugging me and thats just fine with me.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I am DF'd for having sex before marriage. I am now married, and we've been together for 4 years. If I hadn't been DF'd for that, it wouldn't have taken too long to be DF'd for apostacy, after I learned some of the truth about "the truth."

• LittleToe
  • toladest
    toladest

I was forced to DA. They were going to DF me if I didn't. My case went all the way to Bethel. The first committee wanted to DF me because I continually questioned them about the handling of my father-in laws molestation of girls. I did not understand why he was not being DFed or reproved. In fact the WTS was standing behind him. At the time I REALLY believed the witnesses had the "truth". I was SO confused and hurt. I had gone repeatedly to the elders crying and asking them to help me understand. I told them I was weak and needed their spiritual guidence. They initially told me they could not study with me because I was baptized. (they could not count their time) Eventually they tired of me and said that by questioning them on the handling of molestation that I was questioning God. They made up accusations saying that I said I did not believe in God and that I thought God was a child molester/abuser. My 2nd comittee believed me when I told them I had never said those things. (One thing I pointed out was how could I belive God was an abuser and not believe in God at the same time. I think that helped them see that the other elders were lying) Anyway, the 2 comittees could not agree and even got into a shouting match. I was told to go home and that they would write to the WTS. I was told that the WTS would not write back directly saying to DF or not to DF, but that they would either include scriptures or forgiveness (not to DF) or scriptures of condemnation, or keeping the congergation clean (to DF). I went home and for the first time I decided to look up exJW sites. I wanted to see if there were others accused of apostacy just like me, that were truely just seeking help and answers. BOY were my eyes opened! In the meantime, 2 of the elders that wanted to DF me came to "encourage" me. They ended up yelling at me and calling me a liar. I was so upset that I got physically sick. I already was dealing with high blood pressure and heart palpitations and I ended up having my first ever asthma attack. I decided I could not handle this anymore so I wrote a letter of disassociation. I knew I would have to meet with the elders again when the WTS letter was returned and I did not feel I could survive another meeting. When the elder got my letter he said that he did not want to read it until the answer came back from the WTS. I think because I spoke of his misconduct in the letter. I agreed. (I still really did not want to be DFed or DAed as a lot of my family are JWs) Weeks later a letter came back from the WTS. The head elder called and told me that they needed to meet with me again. He said the letter indicated they were to DF me. I told him that I would rather have him DA me because I did not want to meet and I did not want people to think I cheated on my husband. (they thought that anyway)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I faded about 4 years ago they havent' come after me yet... sometimes I think they will but I dont' really care...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Eventually they tired of me and said that by questioning them on the handling of molestation that I was questioning God

WT mind control at its finest. Sorry you had to go through that. Welcome to the board. And welcome to the three or four other new faces on this thread!

SNG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Was once. Spent close to 7 years out and came back because couldn't take anymore the rejection from my relatives.

Should've held on, though. My sibblings that cared less held their position and are now accepted into the family as if nothing happened, and they don't have to go through the meaningless motions of the WTBTS.

Shoot!!!

DY

• Jez
    Jez

I am df'ed. My first husband was arrested, thrown in jail then charged with abuse, harrassment and uttering threats, he later pled guilty. He was publically reproved. We seperated. I met someone, fell in love, married that person. I was disfellowshipped for it.

Jez

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I DA'd in 2003. As was said earlier, "Bad associations spoil useful habits", and I didn't want to associate with an organization that protects child molesters.

Walter

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby
    ....I had sex before marriage, with the woman who was to become my wife for ten years

Hey outbutnotdown,

This is another example of their total disunity, although they claim to be so UNITED. A young Bro' (MS) in the Cong. I was at did exactly the same. But as his Dad was an Elder, and the family was financialy acceptable...It was brushed under the carpet. I think he's been married for a similar length of time.I dont blame the lad, he was just a bit of a plonker for letting it slip. But has not been puled up or punished at all.....I think he was encouraged to pray for forgivness!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit