Is anyone on this forum disfellowshipped?

by Kimmee 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I am not either. I just moved cities the weekend i was supposed to meet with the elders about the guy i was having lunch with. lol

• Kimmee
    Kimmee

thank you kls : )

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well my JW MIL was worried about associating with me so she inquired! They told her I had just disassociated myself and it was OK!

Imagine that!

Well I had wrote a letter to dissassociate myself to the Society 20 years before that. I guess I was never disfellowshipped.

Funny..they knew I had wrote the letter but never called to find out why.I guess they were too busy..again..

I would have enjoyed telling them why.

I remember one time before that I had asked for them to come and talk to us as we were having problems..their answer.."We can't get involved with personal things!" Honest..that's what they said!

Snoozy..who never looked back.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I stopped attending after a meeting I had with the congregation elders one night. They were trying to tell me how I should live my life and what I should do with my future. It was then that my eyes opened and I said to myself, "What am I doing here following advice from these old men on what to do with my future?" At the time I was attending college and was missing some meetings due to school and work so the elders wanted me to focus on the spiritual things since I was also a ministerial servant. They still want me to go back and counsel me but I have chosen not to speak with them since that last meeting.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Oh and welcome Kimmee...

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    I wasn't DF'ed.
    I disassociated myself at the end of a Public Talk I was giving.

LT,

Maybe I should have but I haven't heard all the "fun" details that your disassociating yourself, in that fashion, must have caused. Do tell!!

Or at least point me to the link. Leave it to you to one up 'em, eh? Cheers for that!!

Brad

• kls
    kls

Stef say's,,,,,I just moved cities the weekend i was supposed to meet with the elders

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I was disfellowshipped 13 years ago for being present at an act of vandalism that got news coverage. The "brothers" didn't want the media attention, so they tossed me out. They didn't forget though, to trump up a bunch of unfounded accusations to seal the deal as well. Best thing that could've EVER happened to me. Welcome to the forum.

Breck

• GetBusyLiving27
    GetBusyLiving27

I disassociated myself a couple months ago because I did my research and saw the dirty history and messed up foundation of the Watchtower society. Welcome, btw! Hey where can I get a link to little toe's story of disassociation?? That sounds really interesting!

• Khazar
    Khazar

Yep. For Marrying a non-JW (behavior unbecoming a Christian), remember that phrase? And I told them I did not want to live forever. I am new here, also. Welcome.

Still half-steppin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit