Watchtower Observer site goes down

by Norm 149 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good God! You're up at midnight too Si'?

• Valis
    Valis

sent you a PM nic..

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The ones who would like to host The Watchtower Observer need to be aware of a fact: As soon as the site is up running the Watchtower will start trying to get it down! So, anyone thinking about hosting it will need an ISP with balls. That's for sure.

How about a game of "hot potato" Someone else takes the site under their name and hosts it.When the WT comes after them transfer ownership to a new owner and ISP and put it up again. It will take them a while to keep ahead of all the changes.They want to play games...let the games begin....

With that and quotes.watchtower receiving their cease and desist letter, the bOrg is on a rampage. Methinks the appropriate buttons have been pushed.

Think of the positive side of this.This HUGE MONSTER of an org has to respond to the pricks (no not that kind) of a few dedicated people.

This might seem as an offensive for them but to me they are starting to look really desperate...Lets keep it up.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Who are these people? David Blunket mentioned, barely unoticed, the people in dark places, as did Diana Princess of Wales. I am not a conspiracy theorist. But these people are coming out of the closet. I recently had the misfortune of meeting someone in the mafia first hand, an event I deeply regret. It has played on my mind a lot. As a Jehoavhs Witness you are cuddly and padded in cotton wool from these people, and to a certain extent, I wish I was still. You like to think every one is like you, lovable, soft and cuddly... but they are not.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sorry, I guess I missed it a while back (and I'm feeling kind of lazy right now...) - did we lose control of the observer.org domain? Why can't we keep watchtower.observer.org? That's a really good domain name! And besides the simple fact that it has a snappy name, that's the pointer that is being linked to by other sites, search engines, etc. By all means, we need to try to keep the domain if possible. Of if it's out of our control, can we at least get the people to put in a redirect to the new domain?

SNG

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

seattleniceguy,

Kent needs to retain the "observer.org" domain for himself because of business reasons. He explained this in one of his posts on this thread.

NewLight2

• Simon
    Simon

It should be possible to create a new A/CNAME record pointing the subdomain elsewhere.

• Kent
    Kent

Yeah, I have an account. BUt where can I find any number for it? If I want to send money to anyone, I only add an email address - but someone can for sure help me here :)

• Kent
    Kent

The name watchtower_observer.org can be used. We own it :) [b]The question is: Is there anyone willing to host the site?[/b] Again, I have a PayPal account, but I don't know how to use it. Does anyone need an account-number, or can they just send to my email as long as that is recorded with PayPal?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Kent,

For the money to be sent to you all we need is the e-mail address that you have registered for your paypal account.

After you have the money in your paypal account you can transfer the money to your own bank account. That is how I do it when I sell stuff on ebay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit