Watchtower Observer site goes down

by Norm 149 Replies latest jw friends

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

ok, it support, i have done as you have suggested in the post above. let's see how it goes.....

pepheuga

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[email protected]

This email address bound to your Papal account so that it is ready to receive donations?

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

elsewhere,

i think kent wants all the money in one go, see his comment ; "The best would be, of course, if it all came in one go." also, whaddya think of the suggestion from "it support" a couple of posts ago? sounds sensible to me.

pepheuga

• Simon
    Simon

Kents PapPal account is: [email protected]

I don't think Kent has used it much (at all?) so may not realise that he doesn't have to do anything - all the payments will build up and he can then use it 'in one go'.

• dh
    dh

well anyway, i just sent $50 to [email protected], i suggest everyone else does the same.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Simon wrote:

I don't think Kent has used it much (at all?) so may not realise that he doesn't have to do anything - all the payments will build up and he can then use it 'in one go'.

There is another problem if we do it this way: so far, we have had pledges of $675.

So, does everyone that has pledged send their money to Kent? If not, who does and who doesn't? And how much do we decide to send to Kent?

Would it not be better if someone here, who was going to be part of the 'new' Watchtower Observer project and has pledged money themselves, gathered the money from everyone else who has pledged and can then let Kent have what he needs to pay Saxotech, once he knows how much they will charge?

Then the balance that has been collected is available to start us off with our first month's hosting fees.

Or am I just overly complicating matters?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sent my $50 to Kent.

SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

ITSupport:

How about if Kent reports what the change is, and after we get the new project off the ground, we'll appoint a treasurer and forward that money to him?

SNG

• dh
    dh
    There is another problem if we do it this way: so far, we have had pledges of $675.

So, does everyone that has pledged send their money to Kent? If not, who does and who doesn't? And how much do we decide to send to Kent?

Alternatively, everyone who says they are sending a donation, send it and drop a note here to say that you've sent it, and as soon as we reach $500, no need for more donations.

• Simon
    Simon
    Or am I just overly complicating matters?

Yes, LOL

All we are doing at this stage is making sure that the content is not lost. No decision has been made about hosting, where, who will do it or anything like that.

I've just sent $100

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit