What Is THE Number One Reason For JWs Leaving???

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

From what I can see, it's the "lack of love" that gets people to realize the Witnesses don't have the "truth" after all!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One of my main reasons lately is that I'm just so bored listening to the same thing day in and day out in all their boring meetings!

Plus, I don't buy into the paradise, eternal problem-free life dream anymore.

DY

• Room 215
    Room 215

For me, it's the suffocating lack of freedom to think independently; the mindless, anti-intellectual, judgmental intolerance.

• blondie
    blondie

Lack of love; I think many JWs would stay despite doctrinal doubts and boring meetings if they felt people cared about them and showed it. I know quite a few that come to endure the meetings to be able to visit before and after and to make social contacts for things away from the KH.

Blondie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Finding out you've been lied to! Those in high places KNOW it's all lies. That's what makes it worse!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I understand they believe it's "sex".
    Bradley would seem to support that...

• Gordy
    Gordy

I agree with you Minimus.

After my breakdown and attempted suicide, then diagnosed as having "acute clinical depression" in 1996 . What "loving support" did I get from those who I considered by brothers/sister for the past 25 years. Their idea of "love" was a judicial committe, attend meetings, more field service, more study. No help from Elders to get through it. When this didn't work it was decided "lovingly" to tell me I had to leave my wife, children and home, because I was a "spiritual danger" to the family!! Had to attend another congregation were the support was zero, I had one "shepherding" call in three years. This total unloving attitude is what shook me more than anything, for I had always regarded it as "Jehovah's loving organisation". Because of that unloving attitude I started to question the teachings of the WT. Spent the next couple of years researching and checking everything out. Then finding out not only their unloving attitude, but they had lied to me as well. Then at one meeting listening to the usual thing being repeated again. I realised I no longer believed what they were teaching, and that was my last meeting. A year later I became a Christian and and have attended a Pentecostal church for the past 4 years. Where I have been show and seen more love and support given to people (even to those not Christian) than in all more years as a JW. Incidentally because of that my JW wife and two JW daughters have not had contact with me for the past 4 years.

Where JW's get the idea that by the way they behaved to me was "loving" is beyond reason. If during my depression etc, they had said "Come on, we'll help you get through it. We will give you the love and support you and your family need at this time. To get you back on your feet." I would more than likely still be a JW. Plus I would have been able to tell people how loving they had been during such a time. But they just seem to always to be able to shoot themselves in the foot, by the way they behave. Do they really think that by breaking my family up, causing me to question them, and leaving, was the result of them acting in love???

• upside/down
    upside/down

People will put up with just about anything if they FEEL LOVED.

Conversely people cannot stand not BEING LOVED- we die without it!

"Better a dish of vegetables served with love, than the manger fed bull, with hate" (paraphrased scrip)

Here's to real love,

u/d

• Mulan
    Mulan

For us it was the lies......................learning it was NOT the truth, and that they knew it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

"It's Jehovah's loving* organization"

*loving with an asterisk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit