What Is THE Number One Reason For JWs Leaving???

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

Lonely Sheep said it best "Lack of love, compassion and understanding". The hositility I sense toward me by some in our KH is something I just don't understand. I remember asking one of the elders, "doesn't anyone care how I feel". His answer was "not very much".

FM

• minimus
    minimus

Yup. They just don't care.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

hypocrisy - not so much amoungst the rank and file but amoungst the higher ups, the elders, COs, DOs, etc.

• Purza
    Purza

There are so many reasons to leave. Right now I am upset at how they take away unconditional love from family members. My parents refuse to speak with me because I am not part of the JWs anymore -- guess unconditional love has no meaning for them. Sad.

Purza

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    hypocrisy - not so much amoungst the rank and file but amoungst the higher ups, the elders, COs, DOs, etc.

The more time I spent inside the org, specifically after I was baptised, the more I began to see both the hypocrisy that permeated this organization from the very top down and the very hushed tones people spoke in to try to gloss it over in favor of protecting the image of the WT organization and to not bring reproach. In some of the JW circles I participated in, I found the fear of being in the potential crosshairs of the org to be so strong, you could practicallly taste it. Almost every decision centered around "are your actions in accord with what the slave has in print" or "how would what I'm doing look to brother dowhatithinkisrightoeelse or sister strictconscious and what would they think."

• ballistic
    ballistic

Being kicked in your teeth when you're already on the floor by a judicial comittee.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people made it easy for me to want to quit associating with them. Their predictions proved ridiculous, they were mean to me and my family, their medical advise was deadly, their treatment of their own children was impossible to watch, the fun was non existent and there were no tangible rewards.

Outside of that, it was okay.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

The man-made guilt of not living up to the man-made organization.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Definitely like the "spiritual abuse" statement, I agree with this.

I was sooo tired of being programmed.

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

The 'Spiritual Murder' that has been committed by old men who call themselves qualified elders, who can rip apart someones life, just to feel the authority and power that they would not have in any other area of life, and have the audacity to then label you with a d'flwspd tag so as no one can come near you, to hear your version of events, and if they do..you are just bitter and apostate and a liar..(I am not D'flwshpd or anything myself)...I hate the injustices, deciet,and the'if you dont fit the mould, we dont want you' attitude that is just too obvious.Oh, and dont forget that if you question one thing...its Game Over for you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit