SPIDERS!!!!

by Sunnygal41 52 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04
    The one bite on the back of my leg (upper thigh) swelled up to the size of a grapefruit and maintained a fever inside.

OMG Jesika!! I'm glad you're ok after that!

~Sarah

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

This was a few years ago.......

It was like 7pm I was in my garage and I was sweeping it out. All of a sudden a huge spider ran across my feet. I stood there a frozen state and just screamed. As loud as I could. Then this guy next door my "Cute" neighbor (Nathan) ran into my house with a bat yelling "Where is he?"....like I was being raped! I told him what was going on he looked at me laughed then killed it and said "All is Well Little Lady"(John Wayne voice)

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jes:

I was so drunk I could barely remember where I was, but when she started sqeezing my leg I yelled like someone was trying to kill me.

Sorry, I was distracted by this. The lengths Dede will go to to squeeze some leg...

See ya in Dallas?

• missy04
    missy04

I can't say I don't like some spiders, though....

When I was about 5 years old, I had a pet wolf spider named "Hot Dog." Hot dog ate hot dogs and one day he ate part of an expired hot dog, and....end of "Hot Dog"...

I cried and cried, and I still have him in my dresser drawer in this little clear plastic coffin with kleenex and little flowers He hasn't decomposed, it is really cool.

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04

I just wanted to say that I went to drive down to the mailbox and walked down the stairs to put my Doc's on, and remembered this thread and walked back up the stairs to put socks on.....afeared of spiders in my shoes now!!!

• Jesika
    Jesika

That was definately not something I want to go through again. The squeezing wasn't even the worst of it.

Dede had some tweezers pulling out all that crap from the bite......she had the tweezers about a 1/2 inch down inside my leg....looked like a tunnel. *getting chills all over again*

I owe it to Dede.....don't know what I would have done without her.

LT.....I don't think I will be able to make it to Dallas for the superbowl thing.....but if that changes I will let you know.

I am in Austin right now and will be moving back to Dallas in the spring sometime so I have to save some $ for the move back. Would love to see you again!!!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am not really "afraid" for spiders but surely not like them.

Seeing them in my house: I do have that nice little "spider-trap" place it over the spider, turn the lid and the spider is caught (even on the ceiling - for their is a stick on it from 70 cm.lenght) is it in a corner ? then I use the vacuumcleaner.

Fortunately there are no poisoned spiders here (but sometimes they travel with a banana boat or something like that) but always when I capture one, I am looking for his or her partner - most of the time I find another one witin a week.

I remember 1 time camping with a 5 female colleques - when 1 of the girls saw a spider, not peticular large - so I tried to caught it, lost it and the next thing I saw it running to my leg..... then I screamed....

Next morning when we were in the washing room, a boy from one of the tents near ours said "was there a spider in your tent ?"

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Education, even about spiders, removes the fear and replaces it with...respect.

Rabbit, yeah, right........if I'm sound asleep, and I feel something crawling across my face or into my ear...(Missy ) ....I'm sorry, my first reaction is to swat first and ask questions later!!!! If they are in my bedroom, when I am ready for a nice, peaceful sleep, I'm sorry, they are DEAD! I've had too many experiences with spiders........they seem to seek me out.........my husband used to laugh cuz if there was a spider in the house, it invariably would make it's way from the other end of the house just so it could crawl on me! I HAVE rescued them, when I am not reacting out of fear and brought them outside alive...........I believe in live and let live, but, I just cannot stand the thought of having them critters crawling on me in my sleep! I would have heart failure if one crawled into my ear..........my mom is very afraid of spiders and instilled that fear into us girls..........but, I have, with time, tried to temper that fear, but, I have my limits! One time when I went to see my sister in Alabama, I had to get up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water.........well, I didn't bother turning any lights on.........imagine my HORROR when I reached for the tap handle and a HUGE cockroach slithered from behind it and down the drain!!! I SCREAMED loud enough to wake every dead person within five miles up! And then there are fire ants.........those little &*#@!!! will bite you for NO reason at all! I was lying out on my sister's lawn in Texas one hot day and all of a sudden an excruciating sensation shot through my flesh on my stomach! I looked down and a small, red ant was viciously gripping a fold of my skin between his nasty little jaws! I squished his butt without ANY remorse in my heart........within a few minutes, I had a huge red spot and a big blister where he bit me. Then there are bees...........one afternoon, my sis and I, as young girls were out riding our ponies thru the woods, peacefully minding our own business.........we came to an area where someone had sawn some small trees down and when the horses went to step over them, my sister's horses hoof hit a log. Well, within moments, an angry swarm of honey bees had come out and covered my sister! She was screaming and rolling on the ground, the horse got stung and jumped over the head of the rider behind it and headed back to the barn. Thank GODDESS we were near my grandmother's house.......my aunt heard all the screaming and came out and tore my sister's clothes off and they rushed her to the hospital for a shot of adrenaline........which reminds me.........she got bit by a fire ant and immediately developed a severe allergic reaction to them and now has to carry an epipen whereever she goes............for the longest time, after the honeybee experience I was deathly afraid of them, but, one day, years later, a whole swarm landed on the building where I was working and after watching the beekeeper collect them, etc., I lost my fear of them. I can sit and let them buzz around me without panicking now. Still can't get over the fear of them landing on me tho........I usually just gently and slowly wave them away from me. Terri

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yeeeks!! I seen some photos of a brown recluse bite and its not pretty. A bite on the hand and in one week it was a nasty huge open sore extending down to the bone. I like spiders that are no where near me. lol Where are these Brown recluse spiders normally habituated? Hopefully not North America. lol

Ticker

• missy04
    missy04
    we came to an area where someone had sawn some small trees down and when the horses went to step over them, my sister's horses hoof hit a log. Well, within moments, an angry swarm of honey bees had come out and covered my sister!

OMG that's scary!!!

Everytime I hear about bee stings, I think about that movie "My Girl" where the little boy gets stung by bees

I think I've only been stung by a bee once, and just one sting, and that hurt bad enough!! I can't imagine being swarmed by them

This summer in Memphis with my Witness friend and her hubby, on the side of their house her hubby was climbing up a ladder to fix something and he got stung all over his arm and back..It looked pretty painful...then the very next day my friend walked into this building she built for her cats and they surrounded her and she got stuck in the cage with them and stung bad herself!! Talk about bad luck!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit