SPIDERS!!!!

by Sunnygal41 52 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04
    couldn't help myself...just try not to think about...them.

I'm not particularly afraid of sheep getting me in my sleep

LOL yer goofy

~Sarah

• Englishman
    Englishman

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I can understand being wary of poisonous spiders, i.e. those whose bite can be fatal to man - but to kill them!

I always pick them up by hand if I spot one in the bath. If you're afraid, merely get a glass and a piece of card. Put the glass over the spider and then push the card under the glass. Put one hand on the glass and the other under the card and then go outside. Put the glass on ground, slide the card from under the glass, lift up the glass and the spider can then get away.

Remember, spiders are good friends. They kill pests and potentially harmful bugs. I always taught my children to handle them when they were young so as not to grow up with any fear. If you elicit fear you transmit it to your children.

Spiders are GOOD for the environment. They don't want to be in your house anymore than you want them to be there. Please release them outside. I'd rather have an arachnid in my house than a JW!

Ian - of the be kind to ALL creatures class!

P.S. Remember your karma. KIll a creature purposefully today and you'll pay for it somewhere down the line.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ian:
    I usually release them outside, too.

P.S. Remember your karma. KIll a creature purposefully today and you'll pay for it somewhere down the line.

Are you sure it wasn't just THEIR karma?
    j/k

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Seinfeld said "How can women give themselves a bikini wax - put hot wax on and rip the hairs out by the roots - and still be afraid of spiders?"

Well, how can you?

• Undecided
    Undecided

When I was a child (many years ago) I was walking up the path from my Grandparents and an ant fell off a tree and landed on my ear and went inside, it began to bite me. I ran home and my mom used a light bulb near my ear to attract the ant. It crawled out after a few minutes. It really hurt when it would bite. I felt so relieved when I felt it comming out. I will never forget that.

Ken P.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Seinfeld said "How can women give themselves a bikini wax - put hot wax on and rip the hairs out by the roots - and still be afraid of spiders?"

Well, how can you?

LOL, Confusedjw! I don't wax either! Tried it one time on my legs and pulled up a vein!

One time some friends brought the "Arachnaphobia" video to my house and watched it. I watched it from between my fingers with my hands over my face....and the chair I was sitting in was a swivel chair, so I could turn my back at opportune times...heheheh I almost had "squealin' worms".....

• Jesika
    Jesika

I spent sometime in Louisiana no too long ago. While I was there I got bit not once but twice by a poisionous spider. The spider was a "Hobo" spider.......it's either similar or in the same family as a Brown Recluse.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I too am an Arachnaphobiac. But I avoid killing them, because they are useful creatures. We usually run into them while camping. They like to crawl into our shoes. So a quick tap on the ground before putting on the sandals is a good idea.

The Brown Recluse, is a nasty one. I've seen pictures of the bites, and if not treated it can lead to amputation.

A picture of a Brown Recluse Spider

• missy04
    missy04

Thanks, xjw. Now that I know what they look like I will definetely watch out for them. Are they in the IL area?

~Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit