SPIDERS!!!!

by Sunnygal41 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh
    a nasty one around these parts is the Brown Recluse - it is poisonous

Geez Brown Recluse spiders are one of the nastiest on the planet aren't they! Way worse than the far more deadly ones because they actually like to bite people, yum, and when they do it's the nastiest bite in the world, leaves a crater requiring plastic surgery or amputation, depending on where the bite is, hell no! I'm not afraid of spiders in general, but I am afraid of Brown Recluse Spiders.

• missy04
    missy04

Missy04,

that reminds me of something my hubby told me that happened to him a long time back. My hubby works in Law Enforcement and had to go to a persons house and ask them some questions, he sat on their couch and before he knew it a hugh roach climbed his arm and into his ear. He went nuts and he said he could hear it moving around in his ear. He said it hurt very much and he had to go to the hospital and have it removed. He said it was the most embarassing thing to happen to him. I bet it really drove you crazy.

A HUGE ROACH in his ear???? I would have fainted. The spider was bad enough but a roach LOL EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

How did they remove it?

• Dustin
    Dustin

At one of my old jobs I ran this fuel island for diesel trucks. Every summer we got this infestation of huge white slimy spiders. I used to get about five cans of Raid and tried to fumegate. They would just keep keep coming out of all cracks and crevices as you sprayed. I used to hate that soo bad. Be glad your cats are brave enough to kill the spiders. My two cats would be afraid of them.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

How did they remove it?

They had to use hemostats (spelling?). He said it came out in peices. After they removed all of it they flushed out the ear and gave him drops to put in to keep from infection. Now he makes sure not to sit in strange peoples houses.

• missy04
    missy04
    They had to use hemostats (spelling?). He said it came out in peices. After they removed all of it they flushed out the ear and gave him drops to put in to keep from infection. Now he makes sure not to sit in strange peoples houses.

**CRINGING**....I am paranoid about roaches now too LOL

Down in Memphis they have those big Palmetto bugs...was running the vacuum for my friend one day and she threw a dead one on my hair...ACK!!! I ran out of the house and jumped off the porch and jumped around like someone in a cartoon until it fell out of my hair.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well, what a bunch of babies !

I LIKE spiders. Ever since I was a kid, they facinated me by the way they walk and eat. I know, I know...the thing is most people fear the unknown, the unfamiliar. Education, even about spiders, removes the fear and replaces it with...respect.

So, I have studied spiders as a hobby since I was a teenager. I have handled many different species and have never been bit. In the United States & Canada there are only 2 types of spiders that are poisonous, they were already mentioned, the Black Widow and Brown Recluse.

A word of caution: Some people have a hyper-sensitivity to any kind of insect bites or even non-poisonous spiders. Most people already know if they are in that group.

Also, harmless Wolf Spiders are often mistaken for Brown Recluse. Wolf Spiders are 'hunting spiders' they seek out other spiders and insects, without building webs and waiting for prey. The name "Wolf" scares people for no good reason. They are actually 2 tones of brown, their Cephlothorax (head and torso-where the legs are) and legs are a tan color and on the back of their abdomen there is a patch of chocolate colored design.

A Brown Recluse, is all one color and is really a sicky looking brownish-orange color. Be careful, with these they are aggresive. Either kill them as gently as possible (so you can ID them!) or take a glass...cover them...slip a piece of cardboard underneath...use a magnifying glass and look for "Violin" shaped grooves in their Cephlothorax. --∞. They are also known as "Fiddle Back" spiders. The 'fret board' will point forward. A good way to kill it is to soak a cotten ball in alchohol & drop it in with it.

Here's the thing: If you POUND the spider into mush...you'll never know if it was a 'bad' guy. And NOT knowing is not gonna help you sleep. If you KNOW it's a harmless Wolf spider, or a common black house spider called a "Jumping Spider" they eat flys, gnats, fleas & mites...then you are armed with knowledge: It is NOT a Black Widow or a Brown Recluse.

I'll post a good pic of the Brown Recluse later. These guys can do some nasty damage.

PS, if you capture a non-JW, er, non-poisonous spider, don't kill him...take him out and release him into the wild, whilst singing...

"B o r n F r e e ..."

• missy04
    missy04
    Well, what a bunch of babies !

You like sleeping with big spiders on your walls and can sleep with a spider or cocroach in your ear canals, right?

LOL I do release most bugs and spiders....put them outside...unless they are IN mah ear or crawl over me when I am about to sleep...then ...**SPLATT!!!** Spider juice everywhere.

Grandaddy Longlegs, however, can walk all over me and share the house. Doesn't bother me. But sorry I don't like spider bites.

I wake up instantly if I feel little tiny footstsps on my neck or face, and find them and kill them.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Missy04

I wake up instantly if I feel little tiny footstsps on my neck or face, and find them and kill them.

( I only kill them viciously into spider mash...AFTER I scream like a 3rd grade school girl.)

• missy04
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well, gotta go to bed...goodnite ( don't let the bugs bite ! )

couldn't help myself...just try not to think about...them.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit