Has God Ever Planned and Caused Cannibalism?

by gumby 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Pole

of the 'embarrassed to be a little green man's apologist' class

LMAO ! Hey Pole....you can be my apologist anytime, as you already have a good start.

How can a person hate something they don't believe exists? To be honest, I'm not sure....but I Nbelieve it's the IDEA I hate. It's who he is that I hate.

Actually.....all of us do it all the time. Ever watch a TV show in which a character in the show is a rotten bastard ....and you hate the guy? You know it's a TV show, and you KNOW the guy is only acting.......but you still hate him. You might even hope somebody really kicks the guys arse in the show or kills him. Why? It's only a movie.

Remember Ned Beatty in 'Deliverance' ? Everytime I see the guy all I can think of is "winnie like a pig"

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down

There is nothing wrong with hating an idea. But to be homicidal toward people (and a non-existent "God")?

Me thinks Gumby needs to take a ride on Pokey and chill for a while, lest he become a Blockhead!

u/d

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The idea of worshiping a "God" that perpetrates the same atrocities that he condemns is idiotic.

Walter

• upside/down
    upside/down

Worshipping a "God" that perpetrates atrocities (injustice) is certainly out of the question. Agreed.

That the "God" of the Bible is guilty of atrocities and perpetrates them- not agreed.

u/d

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

This gives a slightly different perspective on violence in the bible than what the JWs teach.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

God drowns everything that breathes air. From newborn babies to koala bears -- all creatures great and small, the Lord God drowned them all. 7:21-23

"koala bears"?

newborn babies:

even as a witness i could never wrap my mind around "Jehovah" doing these things... i couldn't kill one innocent creature, let alone millions...

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Sick Gawd ... Sick Religion ...

Love you all,

ESTEE

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Greenie. Hey, I called you Greenie cuz your names to dang long.

Please Gumbie, this Greenie, as you called me is not about to eat bullshit....................

There is nothing, nothing, that you can accuse God of that mankind has not done 10 times fold.

I'm not about to eat bullshit either and that's exactly why the bible god can kiss my arse......BIG TIME!

So man has done worse than the bible god eh? Perhaps.....but that's about a ridiculous argument isn't it? Comparing the bible god who is omnipotent and omnipresent to his children and saying "well we're way worse than god is", is about the worst case of special pleading I've ever heard.

How about answering the comments already discussed about all the babies god has slaughterd by his Israelite murderers....you know, where god tells them to kill every child and woman they can find and leave none alive .....oh...except for the virgins so the Israelite sex fiends can have them for themselves?

The bible gods an asshole and always will be.

Gumby

• FMZ
    FMZ

Gumby, this really interests me, as do many of your threads. Not because I am interested in why God does these things, etc.... but why you start the threads in the first place.

I have noticed a lot of your threads talking about how wrong the Bible is, and how the Bible's God is a complete bastard (OT mainly).

It seems you are convinced that most of the Bible is bunk. I tend to agree. Jehovah is not a God I want to worship. Now, we all agree that Jehovah isn't the "true God"... but, what is your opinion on the nature of God? I ask because you almost seem offended that this bad god Jehovah is trying to take the place of the real, good God.

Maybe I am overthinkin' this one mate.. sorry to hijack your thread... Just interested, ya know?

FMZ

• upside/down
    upside/down

You entire argument has reached a condescending crescendo. Your entire dogmatic stance has been addressed in all the previous comments. You continue your rude foul banter, with no shame or manners. You throw out things like "murderous" Israelites and child murderers, sex fiends, assholes etc. Who on this planet would agree that those things are right- NO ONE! Yet many people on this planet still love the God of the Bible (ignorance and all), how do you explain that? Again I ask, what's your offering as to the nature of "God"? I think you miss the forest for the trees. "God" apparently is only "God", if you say so and pre-approve all of His actions with YOU! Again I think "organized religion" is the culprit and you instead of blaming them, choose to pick the party that for the time being is choosing to be quiet.

I noticed on another thread how the Nazi's (as some feel) should pay retribution to the Jews for atrocities. Should the modern day Jews pay restitution for their "heinous" past? If the Jews as a race are as guilty of genocide, murder, rape etc.(as you claim), than maybe Hitler was right (sarc). Should I be able to "sue" my parents (and the Jews) for me being circumcized AS A BABY, an innocent baby-my god! Tell me this, if God as the Judeo/Christian concept leans, were to fix all the injustices (periceived and real) that have ever taken place- would that be adequate? For some reason I don't feel that would pacify you- am I right?

You're a hypocrite in the true definition of that word (as bad as you claim "God" is), and I use your own tongue to place that label. Again "re-read the previous clips. You are the one threatening homicide while hiding behind so-called "murdered babies". You know what they taught soldiers in WWII that had a hard time killing (murdering) their fellow humans (Nazi's/Japs), they told them you don't murder animals, you kill them. Again, your mindset is unhealthy, for you and those you infect with such deep hatred. I know people who have been SEVERELY ABUSED at the hands of org. rel. that don't talk like you do. Why do you lower yourself in your comments to below the level of those you scorn so?

Maybe it's time to have a drink and see if you are trying to "incite" hatred as post guideline #'s2 and 3 mention. It sure FEELS like it.

Case closed for me. (too hot)2Tim.2:23-26.

Peace u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit