Has God Ever Planned and Caused Cannibalism?

by gumby 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Preston:

hmmmm, I wonder what a Gumby tastes like?

Aint even gonna go there with a 10" pole!
    LOL Blonde:
    The mint sauce would go with the

• gumby
    gumby

Jer. 19:9
    And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat one the flesh of his friend in the seige and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lifes, shall straiten them.

Upside/down....I've pasted the scripture one more time. Look at it close. I don't care how you use special pleading here......god a one sick sorry asswipe! He knows everything! Even if he DID give them a choice to obey or not.....these were his people(children), and this was their punishment from him. Like I said....he could have diciplined them in many ways without resorting to the lowest thing you can imagine.

Nope......no excuse is good enough in the eyes of any human to do what his word claims he done.

Gumby

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Gumby,

"And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of his friend in the siege and in the desperation with which their enemies and those who seek their lives shall drive them to despair."

The "cause", Gumby, was God's removal of his protection. He did not pick up the arm of their infant and shove it into their mouth. That was their own doing.

Ironically, if we should hear that because of God's removing his blessing from Bethel they are today spiritually eating one anothers flesh most here would applaud!

Sabrina

• gumby
    gumby

Greenie,

Ironically, if we should hear that because of God's removing his blessing from Bethel they are today spiritually eating one anothers flesh most here would applaud!

I could handle eating one another spiritually.....but not literally.

How do you explain the scripture that 'the sons would NOT answer for the sins of their fathers'(parents)? These poor little babies did nothing to deserve to be eaten by their parents.

Gumby

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    The "cause", Gumby, was God's removal of his protection. He did not pick up the arm of their infant and shove it into their mouth. That was their own doing.

um, you wouldn't leave drugs, razor blades, poison or loaded guns lying around with little ones in the house would you? if you did, you'd be accountable for their injuries, death or suffering, would you not? or would you tell the judge "that was their own doing"?

and that's without possessing divine wisdom and knowledge of the outcome that "Jehovah" had. i mean it's right there, he predicted it! then he laid the groundwork for them to do it, to prove himself all-knowing and wise, i guess. if one of us humans pulled something like that we'd be labled "sociopaths".

"Sociopathy wears a legion of friendly faces. The sociopath is unaffected by conscience and unhampered by responsibility for his egregious acts."

• upside/down
    upside/down

Enslish "I will cause" is actually part of "God's " name in Hebrew. You are bent on your BIAS, you want to hate "God", I got no problem with it. I doubt He does either.But do you think (as previously mentioned) He gives a crap what you think? He has destroyed in the past and made very few aplogies. I doubt you will be the exception. How does it feel to be at odds with an entity for which you not only have no respect but actually hate, knowing He could destroy you if He so chose. What if you were wrong? Maybe your not (which means were all screwed anyway) but what if you are?

The good news is it looks as if "God's" destroying days are pretty much behind Him (save for BigA). And I don't think many people have much to worry about there. The amount of people killed at his hand are very few (even if you incl. The Flood) compared to those that have lived, the large majority in complete ignorance of Him. Again I ask is "God" bound by your wisdom? Do you have an alternate plan that makes sense and benefits anyone?

You seem very "liberal" in your absolute declaration that "God" is guilty of the most heinous of crimes and there can NEVER BE AN EXCUSE for what He's done- says who? YOU!. Tell me are you going to file a lawsuit against Him? I'll bet (I shouldn't assume, but I did) you don't believe in the death penalty either, well I do. And if you've never been the victim of a heinous crime I wouldn't even go there! Now I could be wrong and don't want to make a personal attack. But your "passion" for your hatred toward "God", doesn't make you right. I guess I look at it this way, if I had a good friend (that I didn't always understand) and he was stereotypically slandered and hated by different ones, I would try and address the hatred, maybe even acknowledging my friends eccentricities, but I would none the less still stick to my friend. I don't ask you to like "God", I just ask that you don't hate him. There are many things in life to expend "hate" energy on (ie.org rel.), I just don't feel "God" is one. I know you feel otherwise- fortunately you are allowed the freedom to think, say and feel this way, that is also something "God" has not only allowed,but tolerated as well, showing He can be at least reasonable on some level Huh?

You don't know me either, I can imagine LOTS of lower ways to treat people (burn em in Hell/subject them to Organized Religion). That's your definition of "low" anyway. If the law allowed I'd kill some of my enemies(slowly and painfully), but thankfully I don't make the laws.

Lastly you state that "no excuse is good enough in the eyes of ANY human..." Again I'm human and I do not agree with this sweeping declaration of your OPINION. And I know I'm not the only one. Like I said, be glad that I'm not "God", cause when I'm mad(which isn't very often) I can be cruel (like most humans). Maybe you've got a point, maybe we are made more in His image and likeness than I ever imagined (sarc) lol.

Anyway, Peace (I mean it)

u/d

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Gumbie,

Were there any innocent chidren killed by the Allies in World War II? Why was that?

At times the terrible famines we hear about in Africa are caused by war. Who is at fault for that?

Do all American children have at least two good meals a day? Who's fault is that?

How many children are aborted? Who's fault is that?

How many children around the world are sold into sexual slavery? Who's fault is that?

How many children are sexually and physically abused by their own parents? Who's fault is that?

How many children are virtually tortured? Who's fault is that?

Please Gumbie, this Greenie, as you called me is not about to eat bullshit. There is nothing in the Bible, nothing, that has not been done gleefully by mankind himself. He loves it and he enjoys the fat that drips from the corners of his mouth because of it. There is nothing, nothing, that you can accuse God of that mankind has not done 10 times fold. Now, you may hypocritically say, "but God is supposed to be above all that" LOL think again.

• gumby
    gumby

Upside/down,

First off....peace to you also

How does it feel to be at odds with an entity for which you not only have no respect but actually hate, knowing He could destroy you if He so chose. What if you were wrong?

I'm not afraid of the bastard bible god in any way shape or form. If they had hunting season on the scumbag....I'd be the first to buy me a tag. It's funny...I'm mad at a guy I don't even believe exists. What I'm mad at is that I believed in the asswipe. I'm mad that people are afraid of this ficticious monster to the point of affecting their lives in the negative.......not that it's ALWAYS negative however.

Your analogy of dissing a friend because he has some weird quirks doesn't fly. God isn't supposed to have any quirks like his creation has.

As for me not understanding gods ways.......should I? Should god expect me to respect the rules he has given me that he himself breaks? Why is his son so forgiving and merciful, while pop can't ever wait to snuff somebody?

BTW....I've never said I doubt a creator exists.......but I DON'T believe the bible god exists, and if he ever did....I hope the bastard died.

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down

I have to believe that you are referring to the maligned version of "God", that organized religion projects when you say "bastard bible god". The fact that you'd like to kill him (hunt), says a lot. To kill someone on hearsay and without actually having a face to face, I admit is some pretty strong feelings.

But you are right when you say that you're mad at a guy that doesn't even exist. How is that possible? It's highly illogical. If He doesn't exist how could He have done ANYTHING? Which is it either He exists- and your mad? Or He doesn't exist and you can relax, knowing there will never be any unpleasant encounter between the two of you. If He's fictitious, who made up the lie, and shouldn't you rather be homicidal toward THEM. Please help me understand that you have these homicidal feelings toward this non-existant "God", yet hate Him for supposedly being just as homicidal (as you understand it) toward some men?

Who says "God" doesn't have quirks? Trinitarians espouse "quirks". Hell fire preachers espouse "quirks. All organized religions find a "quirk" to make their own and form doctrine around it in order to subjugate men mentally.

How does "God " break His own rules? If He is indeed God, He must be on a higher plane than us. And hard as it is to swallow, the guy with the power MAKES THE RULES. They are relative anyway. To ascribe to "God" what applies to men is certainly out of order. My parents RULED me when I was under their wings. I also love how people who have problems with authority always say J of the OT was on a constant rampage to snuff ones out. Th OT is full of examples of J not doing something He wanted to do, many times at the behest of one of his servants. Conversely Jesus wasn't all warm fuzzies either, he spoke of being a destroyer when the time came.

Again the "bastard" that you refer to is DEAD- the "God" of the Bible as represented by "christendom" especially. He never existed in the context you put Him in. Yes He acts unilaterally (mostly), but He's God. And the fact that dissenters like us even can voice our pinings is proof that He is allowing us a lot of freedom now (we may be right after all!). This would never have taken place in ancient Israel, or the ground might open up and swallow us. Times have changed thankfully. Remember too that we don't know all the given facts for actions taken by Him. CSI TV shows show us that situations are seldom as they appear, but eventually the EVIDENCE, when it's brought to light tells the true story.

You do acknowledge that not all is negative regarding "God", I hope you put as much focus on that as you do the things that seem unjust and vile from your perspective. It's only fair.

It's understandable why many hate God. And He certainly needs to stand up for and defend Himself eventually, and no doubt "explanations" are inorder to explain many things too us that we don't understand. After all He gave you the mind and inborn sense of justice for you to feel the way you do (as well as all of us) and that MUST be addressed at some point, if we are to truly love and respect Him.

In a way I think we agree, somewhat- because I hate the "God" as represented by His so-called representatives. If He turns out to be the awful "God" religions paint Him as, He'll get no worship or thanks from me. I really hope I'm wrong. And like you, I think we'll find the "deity" we call "God" to be far different than the picture some have. Till then let's stay peaceful, and make each other think, in a loving manner

u/d

• Pole
    Pole
    But you are right when you say that you're mad at a guy that doesn't even exist. How is that possible? It's highly illogical. If He doesn't exist how could He have done ANYTHING? Which is it either He exists- and your mad? Or He doesn't exist and you can relax, knowing there will never be any unpleasant encounter between the two of you. If He's fictitious, who made up the lie, and shouldn't you rather be homicidal toward THEM. Please help me understand that you have these homicidal feelings toward this non-existant "God", yet hate Him for supposedly being just as homicidal (as you understand it) toward some men?

U/D,

Just in case you haven't noticed it yet, Gumby was using uhm uhm a literary device here. An oxy-moron. :-). He hates a guy who doesn't exist. Hahaha. He called him a bastard. So what? He's called half of the members of this board 'bastards' even though he might actually believe they do exist and few if any have taken offence. He wrote about the bible God, because he's the one (in the Western culture) that we have some recorded 'revelations' about. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's little point in teaching Gumby lessons about some other God.

Peace!

Pole

of the 'embarrassed to be a little green man's apologist' class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit