Has God Ever Planned and Caused Cannibalism?

by gumby 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Yeah, well, remember he appoints the blind and the lame, too. Of course, he just "tolerates imperfection." Well dammit if he's going to keep tolerating something he's so against why doesn't he tolerate polygamy anymore? 'Cause damn, if I had two wives the first thing I would do is

[admin_edit: post contained graphic depictions of strong sexual content]

• belbab
    belbab

When I was throwing off the shackles and abominations of the Watchtower some decades ago, I realized that the abominations that Ezechial saw when he was told to dig through the temple's walls would eventually also show up within the confines of the Watchtower during these latter days. At the time (about 1970) I never believed it would get as bad as Ezechial portrayed it.

During the seiges of Jerusalem, the woman and men would do anything to save their (un)-holy city, even eating their children or burn them as sacrifices.

Today in a figurative sense Jehovah's witnesses are still consuming their children with their policy of child abuse. To save their un-holy organization, to avoid tarnishing Jehovah"s name they refuse to protect their own children.

Many on this board in posts past have condemned the actions of the Levite priest who sacrificed his concubine to protect his own ass, by letting her be ravaged to death by a lusting mob. How many woman today have suffered loss and reputation by suffering abuse at the hands of elders, the untouchables.

In the Old testament and probably the new also, all the happens, all that is, is attributed to the High One.

When Jerusalem was destroyed the first time, the High priests and his co-horts stole away during the night through the dung gate! How ignominious. Already today the governing body is sneaking away out of sight, tramping through the cattle and sheep shit. They too will be enveloped by it. The stink is and will hit the fan.

belbab, shovelling

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Wel....lsomeone was going to get damned. If the Israelites were good and listened to Jehovah......then Jehovah would let the other team lose and all their women and babies were slaughtered by swords and fire. They too ate their kids as a result of the referee Jehovah.

If they were bad however.....then he killed all of their kids.

uh-huh. a little Catch-22 courtesy of Jehovah God, master of the mindgame... (the reference to Peter was a reference to Jehovah, btw... it's kind of silly for a God so powerful, who knows the outcome anyway, to play with people this way, like some evil little kid with a bunch of hamsters or something, then curse them for the very thing he brought upon them...)

and to answer your question: Has God Ever Planned and Caused Cannibalism?

yes.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Yeah, well, remember he appoints the blind and the lame, too. Of course, he just "tolerates imperfection." Well dammit if he's going to keep tolerating something he's so against why doesn't he tolerate polygamy anymore? 'Cause damn, if I had two wives the first thing I would do is

Tehehehe I know where that comment was heading.

Incense_and_Peppermints

o0o, i wish i coulda seen that... (i'll have to imagine it...)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey!

I am older than thirteen.

Incense_and_Peppermints
    Hey!

I am older than thirteen.

[strong sexual content]

* snickers * (how strong, i wonder...)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Okay, I'll step up to the plate and take issue (politely of course).

I don't see it the way you've described. I understand your line of reasoning but I think it is flawed.

First of all "God" was merely pointing to the consequences of the Israelites actions, not predestining it, they had a choice. It didn't have to happen that way. At that time Israel had a very "unique" and exclusive (albeit temporary) relationship with the "creator". The "nation" had agreed as a whole (very democratic) to abide by the rules their "God" had laid down, with the "blessing" and "malediciton" being EXHAUSTIVELY laid out- there was no doubt as to what would happen for making "poor choices". Non worshippers of Jehovah did just as heinous acts as the Israelites, but they weren't under any "law", yet.

I know it seems harsh from our perspective, but is "God" doing any injustice when he takes life? It was His to begin with. Can He not make choices without our input and judgement? Who the hell are we? We are not the first to ask these questions and we are not the most enlightened men who've pondered these dilemmas throughout history, nor will we be the last.

Another reason this reasoning is flawed is that if "God" is evil (from our perspective), than we are not made in His image and likeness. We are superior because we can out-think, out-reason and out-love "God". If only He would listen and do as WE say! Are not His ways above ours and his thoughts above ours?(Scrip). And if "God" is evil and out to have us cannibalize each other than what's the point of anything, EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY (while feeding on each other, of course) BECAUSE TOMORROW YOU WILL BE ON THE MENU! Happy

your thoughts please,

u/d

• Preston
    Preston

hmmmm, I wonder what a Gumby tastes like?

• blondie
    blondie

mint for green

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit