Sexual Harassment

by LittleToe 163 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hill:NOW I'm offended

Scots almost expect a certain level of joking about (verbally). I find it fascinating to see where people draw the line, though. That goes especially for in the middle of a public place and/or with complete strangers.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Ross,

Perhaps you could ask your attorney how that situation would read into a lawsuit for sexual harrassment.

granny

• codeblue
    codeblue

Little Toe:

I think that sexual harassment should NEVER be tolerated. It is a clear lack of respect for either male or female.

I have been sexually harrassed at a job.....and turned the manager in!!! The same manager sexually harrassed the teenage girls where I worked as well, they were too afraid to speak up...but I was infuriated!!! The manager was terminated.

CodeBlue

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well Ross, I had something sympathetic to say, but if as Xena said, you were in the middle of "fiddling" with it, I'm afraid you were just asking for whatever you got. *harumphhh* :-D

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is this where I sign up to be Sexually Harassed?

• new light
    new light

If men were used to only seeing women wearing trousers for all of their lives and then an attractive woman walked into the room with a skirt on and the men were drunk and possibly sexually frustrated then some harassment would probably ensue. In their ignorance, the men would possibly think the skirted woman was looking for some extra attention physically. I'm not making any judgements, just presenting this point of view.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

else........."you look gooood in them jeans.........."

Not what youre lookin' for, was it?.........lmao!

Ross......for real...unwanted advances are not nice...on either side of the fence. And here in the States the courts have a dim view of folks being photographed or imaged without their express permission.

I get this all the time anyway........I cant imagine my life in a kilt.

~~~~Hill

• avishai
    avishai
    Bear with me now. What about a guy in a kilt? Is he asking for it?

Nope. But every goddamn time I've worn one I've had this happen. Seriously. And i've worn one quite often. In the US people seem to go nuts(no pun intended) when they see a guy in a kilt.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Elsewhere:
    You had your chance at the KiltFest in Feb2003

Six:
    Now I'm all sad n stuff

I am a little concerned that we're all still personalising it a little much, though.

What are acceptable mores for behaviour and reprisal?

• ballistic
    ballistic

On a serious note, I once attracted the attention of another bloke who insisted of following me around and trying to practically jump me when I was on a Carribean island. As a straight person I responded very angrily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit