Sexual Harassment

by LittleToe 163 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The only thing Thunder does if he drinks too much is give "I love you all speeches" and hugging the toilet...ROFLMAO

Aha.............the worship of the porcelain god. That makes quite an image.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i had this discussion last night with my honeypie and he told me of when he used to wear kilts to sword fight when he belonged to some club. they'd meet in parks in their kilts and fight then go to bars after.. he said they always changed out of their kilts because women always misbehaved. they all wore their kilts one time to drink to their victory that day and he's 6'4 and back then wasnt in a wheel chair..he said a woman just reached up and grabbed his jewels. never wore it to a bar again. i asked him how he handled it and he said he told the woman off. to w hich she attacked him and called him gay. a totally ugly incident. so to solve it he and his club mates never wore their kilts for their after game drinks again. which irked them cuz it put a taint on their fun.

i asked him whats the difference in being sexually harrassed and being hit on and he said being hit on doesnt involve getting your balls mangled lol

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    And you ladies thought the mirrors on my shoes were for you.

Jealous

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Sure apologies are nice, occasionally, but to be honest I find them acutely embarrassing. It may be a Brit thing.

Nah, it isn't a "Brit" thing. I get embarrassed to. I've usually forgiven someone before they even ask so it actually makes me feel guilty for the other person when they apologise. Don't ask me why, because I have no clue.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry you had a situation LT.. I have been off the boards for a week and a little behind all that went on, since the threads all move so fast.....I think you are hot.. but no matter what, no right is given for harassment..

I went to a internet party a this past year (not one we are on together) and the HOST lifted my shirt for everyone in the room (twice to make sure they all saw my breasts).. I was pretty embarrassed and didnt' see it coming. I didn't get mad but laughed it off, I guess because I didn't want to make an issue, but my preference would have been for it not to have happened.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terri:
    Ok, lets get the "personal" out of the way, finally.

Several folks asked what was under the kilt, but it's a question that's commonplace, so I laughed it off.
    I was expressly asked by "someone" what I would do if they tried to find out for themselves, to which I gave the sternest of looks (I can do that ) and said something like "don't even think about it!". I guess that with the wrong kind of mind that might be taken as a challenge.

Later I started playing the fiddle (standing off on one side, so as not to interrupt conversations, if folks wanted to keep talking), and halfway through one of the tunes found myself being approached and my kilt being tugged at. I stopped playing (though I had my hands full with the fiddle and bow) held my kilt down with one hand and pushed "somebody" away with the other. I don't recall what I said, but it was terse. They returned to their seat.

I started up again, and after another tune or two was approached again (bearing in mind that this is in front of a room full of people) and had a repeat performance. It disturbed my playing and made it difficult to concentrate, so I didn't play too much more after that, by which time "somebady" had disappeared from the room only to reappear quite a few minutes later in meltdown mode.

As for how I felt about it, I was semi-annoyed that anyone would take liberties with my person (and interrupting my playing), but I'm not a prude and I'm not easily embarrased. I've been in plenty of similar situations before and I wouldn't really say that I personally felt "harassed" in the full sense of the word (hence I shan't be likely to consult an attorney ). I suspect it was more embarrasing for onlookers, especially if the attempt had been successful.

If I'd been genuinely upset I would probably have found it hard to console the individual later. But I can honestly say that I wasn't really that bothered by it, personally. I know that wasn't the case for others present, though.

The thread truly is conceived from a desire to know how people feel about it. I'm really pleased about some of the discussion that it's sparked. I think this is valuable stuff, especially for those who are in the pendulum period of having become "unwired" from the borg.

Thanks for elaborating on your own situation

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ross))))) You are one amazing human. I'm really proud to know you.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    In the words of Logansrun: Discuss?

ROFLMAO.

Oh yeah, I'm not wearing any panties.

B.

• bem
    bem
    (((((Ross))))) You are one amazing human. I'm really proud to know you.

Uhm No one asked me, but Billygoat I'd like to say ditto to your comment to LT from me and, Add you my dear are an amazing person your self.

And other than compliment and retreat I will go on with the reason I feel that way. ... LT, has a way of stating things that are carefully phrased so as not to bring more shame on the recipiant,stated well enough and plain enough so as not to be mis-understood. Still with a heart and as a gentleman. Seems you behaved as 'perhaps ' few would. But, maintained your grace and dignity. I would say, even tho I was not there.Now that you LT have made public what happened I am safe to offer an opinion. I am sorry for what you went through, totally embarassing.And rude, I hope majority of the Americans you meet are not so,,,well...abusive.

And (((((Billygoat Andi)))) you have a similar 'gift' of seeing the whole picture, or offering an opinion based on trying to see the whole picture. Like,,, evaluating both sides. or tri-sides whatever the case may be.

((((((Princess)))))) I have always been the one to host events in the family and then in the congo, so I understand how we can almost feel the blame when things go 'wrong', And.((((((Mulan))))) I know when our babies hurt we hurt also.

And,,, to the one (I turn to mulan )and respectfully will not mention. I sincerely hope she is recovering this as well as, I hope Princess and Littletoe are.

Having stated earlier Harassment is just that, no matter the gender. Scully put one of the best "definitions" forth for sexual harassment I've heard.

Sincerely.Dorothy

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ross,

Do people in countries where Kilt type of costume dress is not common or historical cause more problems like this, than in others?

I am curious if you think it makes any difference. I am sure you get more stares outside of Scotland. I hope that curiosity doesn't cause even more people to think they can cross personal boundaries.

Your friend, Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit